B&W Boy

JenR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't shared in a while. Just one from me for CC....

shot in Manual, ISO 800, SS 1/100, f2.8
0806_1.jpg

Thanks for looking :blushing:

Very cute pic.

Eyes are wonderful, framing, clipping, etc, all very nice even though things are a bit centered (it works here). Expression is great. I think having something slightly busy in the background (the chair, the dark spot upper right corner) really work.

The forehead is a tad blown out and the lips distract from the eyes a bit -- the lips very bold. If you want to skin correct, there's definitely some blemishes that would benefit from being evened out a bit on his cheek and chin. There's a black spot on his neck, which, though may be natural, looks almost like dust on the sensor. there's a small black thing on his shirt too right at the bottom of the frame.

Great photo! :)

I don't think that the forehead is blown out. I can see details.... maybe my monitor needs adjusting.

In any case I think the framing is awesome. Can you get rid of whatever it is on the left of his face and the top left of his head?

You're right, it's not blown out and that was a poor choice of words on my part. 'Distractingly highlighted' probably fits better. :)

in my opinion, it's pretty much perfect, just in need of tiny touches here and there...
The first thing I noticed was his eyes, so mission accomplished, I think

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate your time and input.

Rufus5150- I'm not sure I understand your comment about his forehead. Is it that you do not care for how the light falls on his face or do you think it is overexposed or something else entirely?

EricBrian- Thanks

LynziMarie- Glad you like it. What "tiny touches" do you think it needs?

I found the part of the forehead which is brighter than the other parts of the forehead to be distracting. It was the first thing I noticed.

Overall this is a really nice shot. Composition is good, it's very sharp, and noise is quite low for ISO800. I only have two gripes. One is the shirt, which I think needs some burning. The other is the skin, which looks a bit splotchy and could be corrected with some adept use of the healing brush.

Toni Marie & Alpha- Thank you for your comments. The D50 does amazingly well with noise as long as you nail exposure in-camera. I used a light touch of Noiseware, but it almost didn't even need that.

Most reactions

Back