B&W Building

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
building.jpg

The sun must have been at the perfect angle, nice sillouhette of the building next to it! Great shot, I'm a huge fan of street photography (my specialty, as it were). Great shot!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Out of curiosity, was the film grain on the negative? Or was it edited? Well first should I ask, digital or film??:lol:

darin3200 said:
Thanks for the comments! :)

Matty-Bass, the shot was taken with color film (all I had at the time) and then converted to B&W which seemed to have brought out the grain more.
Very interesting. I noticed that grainy sky right away, as well. I think it looks fabulous here, and so does that dark ominous shadow in the bottom right. Great shot! It would have been fun to see with a high speed B&W film, but you did pretty well with this conversion. :thumbup:

darin, you may want to try to produce "mega grain" (as I call it ;)).

instruction:
get a ISO 400 film (brand doesn't matter though I achived good results with HP5) and expose it at ISO 1000. then develop it in normal paper developer for 5 min. (no document developer or stuff, just straigth, normal developer). you should get a image of normal tonal range and pronounced grain. NOTE: you can develop even longer than 5 mins. but the grain will get unbearable :D
example for "mega grain": http://images.fotopic.net/y5vm6k.jpg

hope I didn't hijack the thread, just wanted to help :) :D

santino: I developed a roll of T-Max 400 that was shot a 400, developed it in Arista Ultra-Cold tone print developer for 3.5 minutes and it came out good! I did constant inversions the entire time so hopefully I get a lot of grain :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back