B&W cemetary pics.

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken about a month ago and I just got time to scan them in. What are your thoughts?

1.jpg

I really like the B&W...the leaves make this such a hearty photo. Nice work uber!!!

Is the sun natural or is it PS'd?

The first one rocks. Good choice going B&W for it, it really helps the 'feel' of the shot.

I certainly wouldn't straighten' anything about this shot, it looks as if it is straight anyway. Was the tomb actually sinking and the stairs as well?

I MIGHT say a crop to the second stair might help the picture. I am kinda undecided on that point.

All in all a great shot, and I wouldn't mind a night shot of the same location if you live nearby it. I love the creepy feel of the shot, and I am sure night shots would be even more on the creep factor. (Only if you are willing to walk out there at night...alone O.O)

WOW!! btw, what second shot??

I love the composition of the pic with the slanted tomb and staircase... anti-symmetry is always a good thing... good work!

ps: what camera did u use for this shot?

Looking at the first it is not obvious that anything is sinking and the angle is kind of making me dizzy. Although the tree is nice and straight. Overall I LIKE IT. I was just playing with the web page and found that taking off the curb give the feeling that you are on the path to the tomb. Which we all are in a way... The curb give the illusion of a barrier from the viewer to the tomb, bringing the view past that burrier thrusts the viewer into the photo making them part of the experience. But that's just my opinion.

Thats a good call, I cropped out the curb and it made a big difference. thanks for the imput. I used a Canon FT QL camera

Most reactions

Back