B&W - Expired Kodak 320 - 220 film

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the front porch ceiling of an abandoned house in rural Madison County Alabama... shot with a Pentax 645 med format camera and expired 320 film that I developed myself and later scanned the negative
16431186570_af1b71020a_k.jpg

why did you chose to put that "circle"-sorry don't know the English word for that, exactly there?

Yes...well that is a good question... Why did I frame the shot so that that little object is located slightly off center but not really way off center ? than say like this ?
16438033539_b0a973ab43_o.jpg

That is a good question and I honestly don't remember because the photo was taken a few years ago. The "Circle" is a light fixture that a light bulb screws into...this is the view of a ceiling from below... I was lying on my back shooting the photo looking straight up at the ceiling.....I think that the view (I was shooting a fixed prime lens) was such that I could not change the framing without taking in distracting features to the left or right and I thought I can crop later after I scan the medium format negative...I didn't crop before posting and I'm not sure why honestly... It might be because I thought the bigger view of the vines was more interesting than the "problem" caused by the circle nearly in the center of the photo.

I would like to know what others think ? How would you have cropped the photo for the best outcome ?

As it is the single prominent feature in this frame, it is only natural to place it in the centre. Cropping will give nothing, expanse of vines is interesting (to the point) as it's chaos contradicts the organization of the ceiling. The socket just delivers another perfect (geometrically) shape increasing the contrast between this two states of order.
However the picture, being sort of study of nature versus man, doesn't do much for me. I guess it lacks dynamics.

Most reactions

Back