b&w film pushed to iso 1600 :O

voodoocat said:
Dew said:
i got some Fuji Velvia 100F :eek: .. how far can i push it? :D
Velvia has pretty ugly skintones... probably pretty even whackier pushed.

have u crossed this film before? .. anybody? ... im not to worried, i can try it out and experiment with it before i do something serious (i always have to test it) ... but i plan on using it this week (if the hubby doesnt beat me to it :shock: )

i also bought some ilford 3200 (iso) ...anybody used this? ... or pushed to 3200? .. got any sample photos? :D ... the hubby may want to use it for some night stuff ... im crazy enough to try it in the afternoon (just kidding .. or am i?) :lol: :roll:

Personally, I love the grain. It just adds something to the image that you don't get with slower speed film. Have you tried any cross processing? You can get some really wild looks with that. Not real predictable but very cool!

i love grain too *evil laugh* ... and most of all lots of contrast, always have :D ... im itching to try this 3200 iso film, but im also scared because i cant predict what will happen ...

i've never cross processed before, but i've seen the results and i have to get my hands on some :D .. u think a filter will be necessary, even with cross processing? ... hmmmmm (jeese, i think too much)

If you like contrast... over expose T-Max by a stop. It really makes it POP! :D I tried cross processing years ago with some interesting results. I haven't tried it lately but had another photographer take pics of me and cross process the film. Very snappy! Another thing I used to do when I was young, bored and working at a semi-pro lab was take B & W film and hand color the negs (gently). Then print on color paper. Kind of cool. Like I said, I was young and bored at the time. :lol:

Dew said:
this is my second 1600 push, im still getting used to it, i dont think i recommend it for outdoors in daylight though :? ... im not crazy about the outdoor shots i did with 1600 ... looks a bit harsh ... now i know better

You are talking about ISO 400 pushed to 1600 outdoors, right? Try shooting Kodak or Ilford 3200 or Fuji 1600 at 800 (no dev change for high contrast, 1 stop pull for "lower" contrast) when it's bright outdoors. You'll still get the grain, but the neg will be easier to print with a full tonal range.

Most reactions

Back