B&W In Montreal.

einsamflicks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first real venture into black and white, the weather while i was in the city wasn't very good and I thought black and white would save alot of the photos I took, I'd love your criticism.

3966665133_55fd24f23b_b.jpg

Escape

3966658319_8ba6689ee4_b.jpg

Smoked Out.

3966655499_cd580f656f_b.jpg

Crying Windows

In the first one the effect of the building falling back creates impact. From the nether lands to the skies, hugh? In #2 and #3 it doesn't. Usually tilt and shift lenses solve this, but is there a nikon TS equivalent?

A tilt shift costs serious coin. You could build one, if you like this sort of photography.

In any case, I really like the repeating lines in #1, but the bottom is a little dark.
#2, the bottom is a little busy, and the top a little bright.
#3 I wish you stood further back and had at least one vertical line. It's still an interesting image though.

I really like the angles in #1. I can't really offer any criticism here because I am too new at all this but I dig your new venture. Good start!

I love #1 , though I might crop up to the first fire escape since the bottom portion is just black anyway and shows very littl detail. #2 doesn't do anything for me. #3, would have had more impact at a better angle, it needs more height. Next time try laying on your back and shooting up at the building.

You mentioned because of the weather you felt B&W a better choice, I'm not sure if you shot in B&W or not, but its always a good idea to shoot in color and convert to B&W in post processing.

Most reactions

Back