B/W photography

~rosey~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
does anybody here play around with b/w photography? as we only have a b/w darkroom at school that is all im expereinced in, but im looking forward to playing with colour, especially for landscapes, although i do love the way b/w photo's grasp the truth and atmoshpere so brilliantly, especially with red/brown toners.

I've shot one roll but plan on many more in the future. Since I have the scanner all I really need to get is the chemicals, tank and thermometer. I have a roll of HP5 ready to take out. I'd like to head somewhere industrial.

oriecat said:
Screw color.

wow, dudette. a very concise and poignant statement.

yeah.

screw color.

'There are four simple words for the matter, which must be whispered: Color photography is vulgar.' -Walker Evans

motcon said:
ah yes, the noose of fascism.

love it.

i see many opinions on this board. many. you seemed to have singled out this one.

why?

lighten up :roll:

Perhaps you missed the jest of my statement.

oriecat said:
Can I flame digital instead? :p

Kidding! I am feeling rather facetious tonight... it must be time for bed.

(love that quote, mot!)

:D Now digital I can flame

kidding as well... I was feeling a tad facetious myself... my eyes are also drooping.

*clunks motcon and voodoo's heads together* :D

colour is the champagne
black and white is the scotch on the rocks

manda said:
*clunks motcon and voodoo's heads together* :D

colour is the champagne
black and white is the scotch on the rocks
dunks? Is that Aussie lingo for conking or banging? or were our heads dunked in the toilet? :lol:

i like a lot of color, but im drinking scotch on the rocks right now *cheers* :cheer:

b&w has a special place with me :) ... it adds something extra special

Most reactions

Back