B+W series... too much contrast?

myopia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sorry about the subpar scans, only way i can get these up at the moment. keep the image small.

318038212_d6e63b7fb9.jpg

318038218_9d548b1091.jpg

318038211_5278867d11.jpg

318038210_c84da0ba3d.jpg

comments please, rip it up

i think i failed to save the last photo by pumping the contrast after scanning

They are too contrasty for my taste. The last one of the wooden building might work with that much contrast. My guess is the film was overdeveloped.

I quite like this harsh contrast in the first and would like this first one if it weren't for the full ashtray ... full ashtrays AS SUCH are a damper on things for me, in photos as well as in life. That's why... but if you had played with THIS contrast and only the wine glasses and their shadows, leaving out all the other clutter, it would have been really good. For the light you had for that one and the fact that the background to the wine glasses shows all black works well here!

2 and 3 are really spoiled by the contrast. But in 1 and 4 it really works in my opinion... with the effect ion one really being nice :)

I agree with Corinna though, that the filled ashtray ruins it ... at least for me personally. To me a filled ashtray instantly means bad air, the taste of cold smoke, coughing. So it is ver different from an unfinished plate of food or whatever. But that is just my personal psychology ;)

Torus34 said:
B + W is a filter manufacturer. B&W is a type of photograph.

:lmao:

BTW I like B + W, not just for B&W ;)

I think high contrast in the first image was neccessary...to my eye, anything less would have taken the punch out of the image!

The first one is nice and needs the extra contrast, the others you are losing the tonal range because of the high contrast. I usually bump up contrast but it is a fine line that you have to walk before you lose all your range.

thanks a lot. these are basically just snaps that i used as examples. i am still in the process of acquiring the "eye" for blk+wht photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back