B&W shot

Stormchase

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is low quality shot in .JPEG. I just found out how much higher quality RAW is lol. I can hold 700 RAW so thats what im going to do from now on. Anyways I am looking for opinions on this. I thought I did ok but Im learning too so all is very welcome!
She was an old girl and looked worn like she has seen the battle.
f/5.6
1/200
iso 100
300mm
monochrome

IMG_2744-1.jpg

Nicely captured. I'd like to see just a little more exposure tweaking though; just a little less bright on the highlights and a slight exposure increase in the highlights, especially if you pull out just a little more detail on her beak and immediately behind her eye. Well composed and dramatic. Good job on the mono conversion.

Thanks for the input!
I was sitting there waiting for the sun to come out thinking how sad it is that we lock up our symbol of freedom in a zoo like they are in a POW camp. The sun peaked through and she looked at me like she knew what I was thinking. It seemed right at the time.
I toned it down a little, Tried to bring out some of her head a little. This a little better?

IMG_27442.jpg

Oh no i like the first on better! When you lightened it up, it washed the bird out. I love the stark contrast on the first pic

thanks katy, I didnt loose the first one :)

I really like the way you had it originally, he just looks a bit "headless" it might just be my screen. very nice shot though!

i like it. the lighting some people may not like. but think of it this way.. that is a very powerful mysterious bird, the lighting adds to it. its kind of intimidating if you think about it! i think its a really good picture.

i like it. the lighting some people may not like. but think of it this way.. that is a very powerful mysterious bird, the lighting adds to it. its kind of intimidating if you think about it! i think its a really good picture.

I totally agree. The lighting on the first one, even though you (stormchase) thought the lighting was horrible, it actually made the bird look very strong. Its like its giving someone the "Don't mess w/me" stare. Or in a funny way he looks like he could also be in a jail cell peering out of his cell window:D...ah the joys of photography....it can be interpreted in many ways.

#1 I think the picture is great. The lighting creates an amazing sense of drama-sadness-and other things along that line. The picture is great for the state of the union right now.
The Eagle is receding from the light into darkness. Or something about how a dark cloud has come over america right now. This image shows how a good shadow can make the picture have more emotion and feeling. I would say keep the first. It is good. A sign of DARK times. Do not change a thing. People that say this is not a good image or is bad lighting do not understand the concept of good art. Art needs to show and build emotion inside. GOOD JOB you did it in my book.

The focus looks a little soft but it's a great shot regardless!

Sorry, don't like it. Maybe I would if the front of the bird's beak wasn't cut off by the shadow.

Great feedback and thank you all. I always liked the first one but on Platos behalf I worked the photo a little for the second post. Someone removed it lol. I do like the dramatic look of the high contrast. I think it tells a story wich is what i see it the shot.
The shot is a little blurred and im not sure why. cheap len maybe? I did PP on it to try to fix but...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back