B&W wisdom please

saycheese76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was trying to convert this with CS3 and It seems to have a bluish cast. Any sage advice regarding B&W conversion in CS3? Thanks in advance! BTW, the eyes are untouched. Creepy, no?:lol:
Jason
creepyrick.jpg

Is the bluish cast showing up in the file or a print?

Are you using Grayscale or desat, or something else?

If it's a print, and you're having prints done by a local "lab", be aware that most labs these days (Walmart, Walgreens, etc. ... NOT that they can really be called LABS!) have ONLY color paper in stock.

Therefore, it's an interesting way to see how far off their color balance is on any given day. Have them make a "B&W" print. If it's bluish, that's how their machine is skewed that day. etc.

It could be pink or green or whatever. but whatever it is, it's a pretty good bet that every print they're doing that day is equally skewed in the same way colorwise.

Interesting, huh?

Your shot posted here does not look bluish to me ..... If you are seeing a bluish cast could it be that your monitor is not calibrated?

It really does depend on how you are converting it..... you could, if you wanted to give it a go, warm up the temp a hair.... that may help :/

Your monitor isn't calibrated with your printer. Get something like the huey pro, after calibration, it will match.

Monitor issues. Hmmm. That may be it. I also just looked at this on screen. I created an adj. layer for greyscale. No prints yet. I'll also play with the temp. Thank you guys for the replies.

Most reactions

Back