Baby Blake

Vmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.vmannimaging.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a picture of my girlfriends child. Im looking for composition and pose more than anything.

What do you all think of the camera angle and pose.

The shot was taken late evening with my 28-80 lens set somewhere around 5.6 to 8.0 shoting 400 speed film

BlakeGrass.jpg

The photo shows white areas a little brighter than what it prints on the web.

I don't like the composition. i think that a picture of the baby doing something would have been more attractive. This angle means we see little of the face as a whole. I also think it seems a bit washed out, maybe more saturation is required. i also think that the colour of the blanket and the baby suit together doesn't lend anyfavours to reducing the washed out look.

Maybe a higher angle thats more looking down at the baby would be better. This is of course just my opinion though.

Sorry mate, but I think Daniel pretty much summed it up... also the green corner is competing for attention.

It is never favourable in a baby pic to put the big pampers-package as much in the foreground as was done here.
Next time you take photos of your girl-friend's baby, you should try out different angles. Don't repeat this one. It has a snapshot-look to it. Get the face - this baby looks very pretty from what little I can see - or put it on a table, get to the same level, make it look in your direction.. that could be nice.

Natural light photos in a park situation such as this one are a good concept generally. But try to avoid bright sunshine so you don't get hot spots in the face or too much light and shadow.

But actually, it is the pampers-package that bugs me most and the angle that picks it up so prominently.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated

I have other photos, his mother just likes this one. So after your remarks I tilted it down to the right. Slimed up his bottoms and cloned out some of the grass. I have some other pics shot at ground level and in more of a studio setting in doors. His mother just likes this one... says he looks like a ham. =)

BlakeGrassREV.jpg

Kept the washed out look... I think it adds a dream like ambiance to the photo

I have another image at the following link for anyone interested in seeing the little cutie in a differant pose.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=261349#post261349

Most reactions

New Topics

Back