Baby boy, new to the forum.

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by BeeDubYa, Feb 9, 2010.

1. BeeDubYa

BeeDubYa TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    How's this? I know the crop is too tight on his head. Other than that, how is it?

[​IMG]

2. theMediumStream

theMediumStream TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Bee. I think the crop is just fine. I like tight shots. The composition is nice. If you're looking for constructive criticism, I think one of the main things I'd have to understand is what kind of image you're going for. Without knowing what you're going for, I will tell you that the photo looks like a screencap from an old John Cassavetes film (Something like "Shadows")... Or even similar to a Jean-Luc Godard french new wave-ish picture.

The face is a bit overexposed, yadda yadda. But all that stuff really doesn't matter all that much - People break "rules" and "guidelines" all the time and sometimes it completely changes the way other photographers think/view about their imagery. The main question is... As the photographer, are you happy with it? If not, what do you not like about it?

3. BeeDubYa

BeeDubYa TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you so much. I believe that's the best critique of my work that anyone has ever given, honestly. I am very happy with this image. It's the look I was going for, I was just curious if anyone else liked it too. I also like the tight crops.

Once again, thank you for the comment.