Baby bro's first Halloween! :D

not all the internet. there is that remaining 25%

Sweetneers said:
Well, since everyone else is adding their two cents, here's my three:

1) Yes. The photos might have been the worst photos ever taken on this planet prior to you putting them through post production. The thing about professional photography is, I don't ask my clients to buy photos before post. Hell, I don't even show them the photos before post. Just because you can move some sliders, so it's not that bad doesn't mean you're good at editing. It's all about the final result.

2) Now, here's the thing that really bothers me. I went and looked at your other thread topics, and I found one with a lens reversal, and really nice macro shots. Now, the fact that these images look horrid, and those look really nice, leads me to beleive, you've A) Lost your damn mind and forgotten everything about photography, B) Stolen the images, or C) are trolling us.

3) You ask for C&C, and have gotten plenty on the photos, so here's some on you. When you ask for C&C expect to get one positive for every ten negatives. Criticism does you absolutely no good if for every one you get, you just get defensive. Why do you think music artist hire artistic directors, I promise it's not for the AD to praise them when they suck. If Britney Spears' AD told her, "This song sucks." Then she said, "Oh, yeah, it's pretty bad, but it was A LOT worse before we put it through post, so we should still publish it based on that fact." She would never have sold anything. If you don't want C&C, or you're not going to learn from it, it's useless to ask for us to take our time to write out a review of your work. You're wasting our time.

I asked if they were ok considering the conditions I listed I was in. I haven't stolen any of my photos, I do not and have never done that. I am very beginner-ish with set up portraits that's why there is such a huge difference between the 'wow' factor in my other photos. I know that there is a lot wrong with these, again I just wanted CC after I explained the situation I shot these in. Next time I make a post like this, I'll keep the files if I ever think about sharing them on the web for CC. The difference is night and day, I was amazed at such the huge difference editing made from such a terrible set up. That's what people are not understanding, but now I realize that I'm to blame for not having the before photos but it doesn't give people further reason to put me down

Sweetneers said:

1) Yes. The photos might have been the worst photos ever taken on this planet prior to you putting them through post production. The thing about professional photography is, I don't ask my clients to buy photos before post. Hell, I don't even show them the photos before post. Just because you can move some sliders, so it's not that bad doesn't mean you're good at editing. It's all about the final result.

2) Now, here's the thing that really bothers me. I went and looked at your other thread topics, and I found one with a lens reversal, and really nice macro shots. Now, the fact that these images look horrid, and those look really nice, leads me to beleive, you've A) Lost your damn mind and forgotten everything about photography, B) Stolen the images, or C) are trolling us.

3) You ask for C&C, and have gotten plenty on the photos, so here's some on you. When you ask for C&C expect to get one positive for every ten negatives. Criticism does you absolutely no good if for every one you get, you just get defensive. Why do you think music artist hire artistic directors, I promise it's not for the AD to praise them when they suck. If Britney Spears' AD told her, "This song sucks." Then she said, "Oh, yeah, it's pretty bad, but it was A LOT worse before we put it through post, so we should still publish it based on that fact." She would never have sold anything. If you don't want C&C, or you're not going to learn from it, it's useless to ask for us to take our time to write out a review of your work. You're wasting our time.

I asked if they were ok considering the conditions I listed I was in.
I haven't stolen any of my photos, I do not and have never done that. I am very beginner-ish with set up portraits that's why there is such a huge difference between the 'wow' factor in my other photos. I know that there is a lot wrong with these, again I just wanted CC after I explained the situation I shot these in. Next time I make a post like this, I'll keep the files if I ever think about sharing them on the web for CC. The difference is night and day, I was amazed at such the huge difference editing made from such a terrible set up. That's what people are not understanding, but now I realize that I'm to blame for not having the before photos but it doesn't give people further reason to put me down
No. The conditions were not that bad! THe knowledge WAS that bad.

Sweetneers said:

I asked if they were ok considering the conditions I listed I was in. I haven't stolen any of my photos, I do not and have never done that. I am very beginner-ish with set up portraits that's why there is such a huge difference between the 'wow' factor in my other photos. I know that there is a lot wrong with these, again I just wanted CC after I explained the situation I shot these in. Next time I make a post like this, I'll keep the files if I ever think about sharing them on the web for CC. The difference is night and day, I was amazed at such the huge difference editing made from such a terrible set up. That's what people are not understanding, but now I realize that I'm to blame for not having the before photos but it doesn't give people further reason to put me down

Write a C&C about how the before photos do not matter at all in any situation, ever.

OP replies about the before photos.

Before, I thought you were defensive. I see now you're just insane.

slow231 said:
i love them. you should do this for a living.

Thanks, but I never want to do portraits like this for a living lol. I love sports and wildlife too much. I like shooting everything though and it's good to have experience with it all

Sorry to burst your bubble but I think that was sarcasm. Maybe.

100% sarcastic. he asked for cc but then openly stated that he just wanted people to agree that he did a good job (which he didn't). he then proceeded continue to ignore or defend every comment, so i figured i'd post the only thing he'd accept. no cc, no comments, no advice is going to help someone not actually looking for it. i don't think it's necessarily a maturity level thing (although it does help). if someone's not actually looking for advice or trying get better, they're just not going to be receptive to anything except for what they are fishing for. i figured he'd understand this type of response with the troll face as his avatar, but i probably assumed too much.

Last edited:
I don't understand how anyone could conclude that these are good when comparing against even your run of the mill newborn portraits:

http://www.blegerphotographyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Newborn-low-key.jpg
http://www.megangeorge.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/newborn-lena-23blog.jpg
http://www.megganjacks.com/blog/pics/phoenix_newborn_060909.jpg

OP has shown a good effort, but a clear lack of attention to detail. I think the big problem here is his unwillingness to admit being a beginner. If he's doing street photography, he thinks he's Henri Cartier-Bresson. If he's doing baby photography he thinks he's Anne Geddes.

I mean, how long could you have possibly been doing this? Unless you're Woodman (and no, you are not even close), proficiency takes at least ten years IMO. Even then really in only one field. It's going to take a lifetime of professional varied experience to be proficient with any subject and circumstance.

Inexperience is a bad thing only when you can't admit it.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back