Baby Feeties!

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Due to super bad lighting and a fussy baby- I decided to go for the Vintage look on this photo!

#1.)
BabyMommyFeeties.jpg

#2.) [Edited Version]
BabyMommyFeetiesi.jpg

I think the photo is adorable but...grainy. I'm not sure I understand the point of the edit.

Oh yeah, give it the old look cause you fail to get the look you want...come on don't be lazy.

Oh yeah, give it the old look cause you fail to get the look you want...come on don't be lazy.

So, would you say the above to this person's face if you just walked by and noticed them contemplating a photo and you had never seen or talked to this person before in your life? I doubt it. So why would you here? Your comment is rude and doesn;t add any value to anything. Period.

[now if you knew this person and said that face to face with a smile, nudge nudge wink wink etc....... no problems... But I read this as a disrespectful dig and uncalled for.]

i agree.

a lot of people do that on here so i keep mainly quiet and only posted 1 pic

Yeah thanks for the rudeness, don't worry- Karma buddy ;)

I thought perhaps it would be seen as clever, to be working with what I have, but I guess you are the type of person to throw out potential rather than work with it.

he he my canadian friend you might of started something here

Dont lose heart Essence. There are tools you can use to clean up the noise in this image if you feel its necessary. You might want to give Neat Image a try, or Noise Ninja. The Reduce Noise filter in PS works quite well too. Now, whether this image is in focus or not is a different story. I cant really tell.

Actually, I find that the noise in this image gives it a bit of character. I have seen many photos on this forum that are grainy on purpose, and it has worked quite well in certain cases.

However, if you are the photog and you can control the lighting, then I would say do whatever is necessary to get decent lighting. ;)

Don't listen to the "bashers". I personally like the noise in this picture....alot. The edit is kind of tacky in my opinion since any trained eye can see that it is a mere 10 second tool in PS. The first one works great for me......no need for an edit.

So, would you say the above to this person's face if you just walked by and noticed them contemplating a photo and you had never seen or talked to this person before in your life? I doubt it. So why would you here? Your comment is rude and doesn;t add any value to anything. Period.

[now if you knew this person and said that face to face with a smile, nudge nudge wink wink etc....... no problems... But I read this as a disrespectful dig and uncalled for.]
Critiques could be disrespectful? I'm not the type to waste time on "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but...". I would hate it if anybody waste time on useless comments like that on my work. Get to the point.

I don't like the spirit of the work, and my comment expressed just that. Go back and correct the bad lighting and noise by retaking the photo.

Don't listen to the "bashers". I personally like the noise in this picture....alot. The edit is kind of tacky in my opinion since any trained eye can see that it is a mere 10 second tool in PS. The first one works great for me......no need for an edit.
It only takes a filter, texturizer. So much for your trained eye.

Critiques could be disrespectful? I'm not the type to waste time on "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings but...". Critiques shouldn't be about emotional support, it should be objective.

I don't like the spirit of the work, and my comment expressed just that. Go back and correct the bad lighting and noise by retaking the photo.

It only takes a filter, texturizer. So much for your trained eye.

That's my point genius. It only takes a filter and texturizer which is why I thought the edit was tacky.

That said, I'll say thank you because you proved that my trained eye is actually good. You don't even realize that your attempt to insult me confirmed my point. Good job.

That's my point genius. It only takes a filter and texturizer which is why I thought the edit was tacky.

That said, I'll say thank you because you proved that my trained eye is actually good. You don't even realize that your attempt to insult me confirmed my point. Good job.
Does it? If it's only a filter that's so obvious, why would it need a trained eye to figure it out?

Well, lets see. An untrained eye would have never used Photoshop and wouldn't know what it takes to create an edit. A trained eye would be one who knows what it takes and realizes that it's a simple 10 second edit. Clear enough?

Untrained - doesn't use PS
Trained - uses PS

Most reactions

Back