Baby Feeties!

Well, lets see. An untrained eye would have never used Photoshop and wouldn't know what it takes to create an edit. A trained eye would be one who knows what it takes and realizes that it's a simple 10 second edit. Clear enough?

Untrained - doesn't use PS
Trained - uses PS
You only call someone trained when they're adequate beyond the amateur level. Clear?

This is growing distasteful, lets call it a day. Same time tomorrow?

I like the idea of this shot a lot but to me, and this may sound picky or strange but with the grain and the unsharp mask (? maybe?) it makes the toenails look dirty or something which to me is unflattering.
Don't want to sound goofy but that was the first thing I thought of. Do you have the opportunity to try this again. It is great to work with what you have and try to make the best of it - you are right. But with such a great photo idea as this one I think it would be best to do it the way you really wanted it.
;)

Thanks guys. Actually this wasn't a planned photo, My sister came down unexpectedly and was sitting in my living room. We were looking through shots on the camera, when I looked down and realized what I was missing. Only had a side lamp on across the room at the time, so I snapped one, left and turned on the lights, but when I came back the poor boy was already fussing and when we tried to re-take the shot by posing him, he screamed for less attention. It seems like children that age fuss when they know they are being posed to do something, Lol.

So yes, the graininess is due to lack of detail to work with while in photo shop, as well I have only been using photo shop for about two weeks now, so I hope to learn some more ;) Thanks for all the advice though, really helps!

It seems like children that age fuss when they know they are being posed to do something, Lol.

BINGO - EXACTLY! You hit the nail right on the head. THis happens to me nearly every time I take baby pics. It's like the happiest baby on the earth can be giigling and smiling and happy every time you see it. The minute you want them to do it - FORGET IT! LOL

Most reactions

Back