Baby Girl C&C

navywife771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently took some photos of my friends daughter to send to her daddy who was on deployment with my husband. Just thought I would share a few.

livi2.jpg

livi3.jpg

livi.jpg

C&C per req:

1. Nice image, cute expression; a little too centred for my taste, and I think a bit more below wouldn't go amiss. Nicely done selective colouration.

2. Clever idea; a pity the child's left foot is lined up as nicely as the right.

3. Good pose, but I think the child needs to be looking more to image left; you want to be able to see at least a bit of face, and try to avoid cropping limbs at or near joints (left ankle). I think this might have worked well if you'd zoomed out a little to give the sensation of looking into a wide open space.

Nice pictures; I'm sure they'll be well appreciated.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

1. Not too bad, I'm not a fan of selective color myself, could be a bit sharper but great image overall

2. I think a lower angle could help this one, feet are always seen from the top down so it makes the shot look a bit ordinary

3. Good shot, seems slightly out of focus though, I like the colors in this one

Nice to see you posting pics already!

I think the child's daddy is going to love and cherish that first shot! Great idea to have her wear the oversize shirt and hat, and her laughing expression will make his heart ache to see her again. (The pic could be a tad sharper though. Do you have photoshop, or any editing software to do it?)

And the pose in the second shot is very creative. It works particularly well with the brickwork pattern beneath the feet.

Lovely pose in the third shot! But I'd have to agree that seeing a bit more of the child's profile would make it even better.

I look forward to seeing more of your pics.

thanks for the great advice! that was exactly what i was looking for! i agree i should have zoomed out more on the third one. i really didn't notice that until you said something. :)
i have paintshop pro, i am looking into getting photoshop soon. i really think it would be good to have on hand for editing. is there something out there a little more less expensive for someone just starting out with their own business? the only thing keeping me from purchasing is the price. or maybe look on ebay? anyone have any feedback?

If you've got a recent versioon of PaintShopPro, stick with it. It has all the tools you'll need for a long time to come, and many of them are much more intuitave than those in Photoshop. It's also compatible with almost all Photoshop plug-ins.

Most reactions

Back