Baby Jack

JonA_CT

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of a few that I've been working on editing. Taking newborn photos is arduous, especially when the only realistic times to do it are when your 2 year old is asleep.

I finally bought a graphics tablet. Life changing.

As always, any hints, tips, or feedback appreciated.

jacknewborn.jpg

Next time ... lol ... maybe a gray/neutral-colored blanket, the eye really goes to the white. Change the color in PS. Nice shot overall.

Good shot!

My only nitpic would be to try and get the blanket and hands out of his face. Hands are hard to deal with in newborn photography. You want them open but they close so fast and move them on you.

Was that shot with just one light? I think the lighting works, however Id be tempted to use a fill and rim.

Graphic tablets are great.

Next time ... lol ... maybe a gray/neutral-colored blanket, the eye really goes to the white. Change the color in PS. Nice shot overall.

Hmmm....I'll give that a shot. Thanks.

Good shot!

My only nitpic would be to try and get the blanket and hands out of his face. Hands are hard to deal with in newborn photography. You want them open but they close so fast and move them on you.

Was that shot with just one light? I think the lighting works, however Id be tempted to use a fill and rim.

Graphic tablets are great.

1-ish lights. I used a speedlight in a 32" octabox for the key, but there was strong window light from the other side (I opened up the aperture a bit to take advantage) and a 4-in-1 reflector behind him.

I might throw another speedlight up if I try it again.

OK, now I am going to have to google " graphics tablet ". My gf always asks what is on my want list for Christmas! Nice photo and awesome subject!

Most reactions

Back