Baby & Mom Humming Birds

airgunr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We recently had a Mom and Baby Humming birds around us. I got a few shots of mom feeding the baby. A little Grainy because I had to use and ISO 800 speed film to capture them.

I have 3 more rolls at the processors now. Maybe some of those will be better.
FrameA06Roll259.jpg

Nikon F5 w/80-400mm f4-5.6 AF Nikkor
400mm 1/250 @ f8 w/Matrix Metering (didn't want too shallow a DOF)
Kodak Portra 800

FrameA09Roll259.jpg

400mm 1/250 @ f8 w/Matrix Metering
Kodak Portra 800

FrameA10Roll259.jpg

400mm 1/250 @ f8 w/Matrix Metering
Kodak Portra 800

Thanks for sharing these pics - I've never seen a mom and baby hummingbird together before, much less a mom feeding the baby. I like the pov on the shots too. Well done.

Oh wow, what a moment to catch. Thanks for sharing such a rare occasion.

Thanks for the comments. It was really sweet to watch them. It was difficult to hold the camera as I have a severly ruptured disk in my neck. I was shooting up and hand holding since I didn't want to miss them by getting a tripod. The VR did pretty good with it like that.

I shot 3 more rolls the next day but used a Tripod, right angle viewfinder and a remote so it was much easier on the neck. I'm hoping those will be as good or better. If they are I'll post some more when they come back from the developers.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do A LOT of birdwatching, and I've NEVER seen this! Amazing..................whooooo hooooooooooooo!!!!

Marian

Seeing humming birds sitting...and two of them. nice pictures.

This is a first for me. I have humming birds around and I can't even get a decent shot of one. Keep us in mind when you get the others back.

Very unusual moment to capture. I look forward to more.

wow those are great photos! you captured a great moment!

Amazing! Well done to capture such a rare encounter. Thanks for sharing here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back