Baby Photo c&c

Audell

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my dream is to one day have my own studio and specialize in children, family and mostly newborn photography. I know that I have a long way to go before I reach studio status so in the meantime I can practice on my own kids. I would love some input from a photographer who shoots newborns.

These were taken with a point and shoot GE E-1030 35-105mm on auto focus. Yes I'm a super beginner.

IMG_4983-1.jpg

IMG_4965.jpg

I know the second photo is out of focus but the look on her face is priceless and I'm a little biased since it is my own kid.

Its a good start.

Too much black in blanket for me, the second image is kinda softer or maybe it was done intentional? You can try to crop both images and show more of the baby and less of the blanket. The photos are really nice for a point and shoot :thumbup:

I agree on the cropping. I like the first best, the contrast between skin tone and the black blanket is nice and works well. The baby looks content in both but #2 is really too soft for me and the B&W doesnt work either, but keep it up.
You did well for working with a p&s. Cute baby.

it says on your info that your pics are okay to edit....so i took a stab at the second one in photoshop elements 7. I used the unsharp mask to get some of the details back, then reduced the noise, then cranked up the contrast and then added a vignette. I think its a precious pic you have there....just blurry....but its not something to throw away.

IMG_4965.jpg

Agree - the blanket is far to busy, you want to draw all attention to the baby. The second isn't really usable, even with the manipulation done by the two posters above (though JasonLambert does manage to address the background issue).

Keep plugging away, taking pictures. Even with the point and shoot, you can do a lot. Just keep hitting the shutter button!

Peter
--
Tallahassee photography, Tallahassee wedding photographers - Hanowell Photography

it says on your info that your pics are okay to edit....so i took a stab at the second one in photoshop elements 7. I used the unsharp mask to get some of the details back, then reduced the noise, then cranked up the contrast and then added a vignette. I think its a precious pic you have there....just blurry....but its not something to throw away.

Good edit :thumbup:

What most people fail to do is read the whole manual for you camera. Even if you have an older camera, you can download the pdf manual on the web. Read that and you will be 10X better.

I really like JasonLambert and Bus Riders edits. I guess the reason I didn't crop the first photo because I was trying to show how tiny she was in relation to the blanket around here. But cropping the picture shows her more and takes your attention away from the blanket.

Thanks everyone.

I don't plan on throwing out the second picture. Her face is pure perfection even if the quality of the picture isn't.

Most reactions

Back