Baby photos

lulu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking for your comments please be honest so I can improve.

Attachments

• $1ab.jpg
    $1ab.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 113
  • $5ab.jpg
    $5ab.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 121
  • $61ab.jpg
    $61ab.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 100
I like #1
#2 and 3 both have to much glare for me.
Maybe they are next to a window??? Try when the light isn't so bright or block some of it.
Other wise I like them

Yes they were by the window.

IMO, 2 and 3 are wonderful.
The focus is soft but appropriate; composition, angles and tonality are great.
#1 would be wonderful but it is oof

I love #2 and #3. They are the photos that will become keepsakes.

~jen

No 1 isn't very sharp
No 2, the face is just too burnt out. THe bright right hand side detracts from what could have been a nice portrait. Nice expression though.
No3 Beautiful pose but there looks to be a lot of noise especially on the left of the image and again the burnt area attracts the eye.

Nice compositions though.

Regards
Jim

Number two and three are keepers. But, as Jim has pointed out, they are too hot and noisy.

IMO, 2 and 3 are wonderful.
The focus is soft but appropriate; composition, angles and tonality are great.
#1 would be wonderful but it is oof

After reading a discussion on another thread on criticism, I thought I would come back and edit my comment above to make it better, but I felt a little funny covering up my mistake, so I just append this comment.

#1 would be wonderful, but it is out of focus and in this kind of picture, the viewer's attention is on the cute little toesies , in all their intricacy, and it is crucial that these be cristal sharp. Because the content focus is sharp, the actual focus must also be sharp.

#2 and #3 IMO, 2 and 3 are wonderful.
The focus is soft but appropriate; composition, angles and tonality are great. These show the love for the child. IMO, in these two pictures the impact of the beauty of the child, the composition and tonality completely overwhelm any minor technical faults.

Thank you all for the replies. I am still trying to figure the window light out. I have been trying for a while and just can't get right. I have tried metering the light from differnt points on the face and still get hot spots.

an advice on how to correctly expose these images?

If your lcd readout has a histogram, lower the exposure until there are no spikes on the white side that indicate burnt out areas.

If the shadows grow too dark, manage them with PS in post processing. If they go to black and are unmanageable, the dynamic range is just too great for a digital camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back