Baby portraits for c&c

wisv1k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just getting started on portraits after shooting evidence photos for many years. I have lots to work on in terms of composition. What do you think of these? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

20100507-IMG_1901.jpg

20100507-IMG_1878.jpg

1 looks either out of focus or in editing you brought the sharpness way down but either way the baby should be much sharper. GL
TJ

I like the composition in #1 but would like it more if you had brought the camera up a little or not cropped so much of the woman's head off. Keep practicing!
BTW I think evidence shooting would be a pretty cool gig!

Wonderful pictures. I cant see any oof. I have to pass on the tech side since Im still new but if you were to present these to a client, I think they'd be very happy. I think they are very good.

There's a slight yellowish greenish cast in the kid's skin/face on #1. Easy fix though. I can't decide if I like the background or not.

#2's really nice. I like the lighting here, nice catchlights in the eyes also. I might try to brighten up the right eye (on top) to match the other a little better and burn a little around the right cheek to show a little more separation of the head and body.

I personally am just getting started too but I tend to like the 2nd one and think the first one would look good in black and white as well. Good Luck!!

Thanks for the comments. Keep them coming please!

That baby is just a beautiful subject. Gorgeous eyes! The color is a bit yellow on the first shot and me I'd have definitely cropped it in a lot closer on the left to bring the focus of the shot in a bit tighter on the 2 subjects. Pic 2, needs some sharpening, and some work on the B&W tones. It's a bit flat, but it's a lovely shot otherwise and I wouldn't change a thing about it composition-wise.

Nice shots, and what a beautiful mother and child.

For me, I would try to focus on the babyès eyes next time rather then the mothers, because they are really only getting the shots because of teh baby, and in #1 the mother is more in focus the baby.

I like #2 as well, but there seems to be a lot of lost detail, maybe the pp or the lighting. Beautiful still.

Nice shots, and what a beautiful mother and child.

For me, I would try to focus on the babyès eyes next time rather then the mothers, because they are really only getting the shots because of teh baby, and in #1 the mother is more in focus the baby.

I like #2 as well, but there seems to be a lot of lost detail, maybe the pp or the lighting. Beautiful still.

It may be pp, I am also just learning Lightroom too. Lots to learn but lots of fun too. Something tells me I will have plenty of opportunity with my daughter. Thanks for the comments!

I think the second one is superb. Personally, the first one doesn't really jump out at me.

beautiful shots.. great mothers day pics

Most reactions

Back