Baby Shots & Selective Coloring

The selective coloring in 2 is great. Not overwhelming, not overdone.
I also like the SC in 3 as well. It's an artistic shot. One that they would use to sell a product? I'm not sure, but definitely a very neat picture.

The first 3 photos you posted are shadow free, the others have them with the color photos being more noticeable and distracting. Any PP to remove them? It'd be rather easy with the flat white background

Yeah, I see that. The first three she's farther away from the wall so no shadow is being cast. The others she is sitting right there by it. I can go through and rework the PP and see if I can at least soften those.

Thanks!

I'm a big "non-fan" of selective coloring. That said, I think your use of it here is okay because the colors that you left are not overly done....not sure if you desaturated them a bit or what, but they are subtle enough to work.

However, you say this shoot was more for the bow, tutus, and jewelry and my problem is that the bow is overexposed in a lot of them. You can throw #1 out because you've lost almost all detail in the bow....#2 is better but again a no go because of the bow being overexposed.

#7 is your best exposed photo and best lighting (no blown highlights). Maybe try re-editing them all to match the exposure closer to #7 and regain some detail (if possible) in the accessories.

yeah that first bow is terrible. She kept crawling towards my light! The ones where she's sitting are the ones where I've got the most consistency on placement. I'm not sure if I've clipped those beyond repair. I'll go play with the first one.

Adorable baby - nice shots (excepting the too-bright bow in #1). As the others posted, your selective coloring is quite nice - good job.

For an infant, that necklace is a serious strangulation hazard though.....

I absolutely ADORE the selective coloring!! And #3 would make me want to buy one of those!! Oh so beautiful!!

Most reactions

Back