Baby with studiolight

muuris

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My second softbox broke down just before the photoshoot, so the lightning wasn't that I was planning to do. I had about 5 minutes time to take the damn pictures, and the result is this.

I must take more pics when the baby grows a bit. Baby is one week old.

_DSC9642pienivarililnen.jpg

_DSC9565pieni.jpg

_DSC9571pieni.jpg

The same two, but in B&W.

_DSC9571MV.jpg

_DSC9642MVpieni.jpg

None of them have any legs. Im a sucker for baby feet and would have liked to see them. :) Nice lighting on the first, the next 3 have slight, but weird shadows and not the best pose. The BW version of this is a little flat. The last one is blown out, but it did make me laugh because it looks like hes singing opera :) Cute baby though, is he/she yours??

^ No, she is my niece. :)

Thank you very much of c&c. :)

The baby in the first one and the B&W versions are very unnatural.
Obviously the baby is not standing but there is nothing the background to suggest otherwise giving it an unnatural appearance.
Like it could be the baby brother of the baby that was floating in space in 2001!

The very last picture you posted is the best.

The kid kinda looks like she is in pain in each of the shots. The cutoff seems a little weird, particularly with the look of pain... the first one honestly looked like something you'd see in a medical record log of some kind...

"This child, crippled with XXXX disease, is clearly showing signs of YYY..."

Sorry. :(

The last one is my favorite out of the series. As mentioned before the poses seem a bit unnatural. In the last the lighting, color (half way between sepia and B&W almost), and eye sharpness I really like. A different pose would've been nicer, though.

this is a good place to start from...even though people arent loving these shots, there is alot to learn. I think the pp work is a little clinical too...over-contrasted? Eyes should sharp but babies should look softer. Also with poses...infants should look soft and comfy. I think the baby looks uncomfortable.

but really, this is good to get this feedback, it really helps to get better to hear these things

I really dont like the fake catch lights in that last one

Most reactions

Back