Baby Wyatt

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by twocolor, Jan 19, 2009.

1. twocolor

twocolor No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here is another baby!

I tried less black than I usually do (which is actually the majority of my parents' favorites) and when I used full black, I tried to keep detail where I wanted it. Tell me how I did!

1. So this one, I rigged up a "hair-light" I really like what it did for seperation on her hair and her black shirt
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I don't usually love patterns, but the mom took this off of baby's crib and wanted it used so the photos would match in the baby's room
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Again with the polka dots! I'm debating about painting this backdrop white. It's painted masonite that's nailed all over the back wall and glued to the floor of my studio. It's about 10' wide by 10' tall and another 10' long on the floor. I think I would use white more often than cream????
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    well, let me have it!!! ;D

2. Richard

Richard TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    2 and 5 are my favorites! 1 is pretty good also. One thing about 5 though, it would have been a lot better if it was just the baby and basket. The monkey (half cropped out), the green blanket under the monkey, and the brown shiny thing on the right are distracting. I think the monkey in the shot could work but not in this picture.

3, the eyes don't look tack sharp to me.

4, the catchlight in the babies left eye (camera right), is very distracting. And it almost looks like the eyes weren't sharp but you tried to correct.

Just my 3 cents.

3. dtornabene1

dtornabene1 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think they are great. I would paint the wall white. This would allow you to add digital backgrounds or keep the white in the photograph. Much better choice than cream. Make sure it is a flat high bright white though.

2 and 4 are my favorites. I don't mind the catchlights personally. I think the B/W on 2 is great. I think 1 is a bit over done on the highlights; some detail loss there.

You have a great eye for baby photography, which is rare.

-Nick

4. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    2 & 4 are my favorites as well.

I like the square crop, it really works for these two.

5. Terri Walsh

Terri Walsh TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #2 and #4 are my favs too!
    Great job!
    I love what you did with the lighting! I really need to experiment more with that!