BabyPower's arrival!

Date born: Dec 24
Time born: 8:43 PM (your time)
Weight: 8 lbs 2 oz
Length: 21 3/4"
Length of labor: 4 hours (after arriving at the hospital)

Date born: Dec 25th
Time born: 9:47 pm
Weight: 6.9lbs
Length: 18inchs
Length of labor: 6hours.

Merry Christmas to the Powers.

AlisonPower said:
Please don't! We live on the side of a mountain about 45 minutes from the hospital. That's cutting it too close for me because I don't think Aubrey can drive and deliver a baby at the same time ;)

plus ... anyone who has ever given birth knows that it takes a small length of time to get that epidural in. WE CANNOT DO WITHOUT THAT!!!:lol:

LilCujo said:
hmmm going by the data given, and the genetics of daddy...(puts finger up to test wind direction)...I say this...

Date born: 1/22/06 (She doesn't like to be told when she should be born)
Time born: 12:30 pm (she likes to sleep in late)
Weight: 9lbs 3ozs
Length: 15 inches
Length of labor: she prolly wont like to be rushed so...I would say 16 hrs...

I think someone is hankering for a beating. :biglaugh:

anicole said:
plus ... anyone who has ever given birth knows that it takes a small length of time to get that epidural in. WE CANNOT DO WITHOUT THAT!!!:lol:

:biglaugh: Actually we're hoping for a non-medicated birth so faster is better in my book :mrgreen:

PFFT! Natural smatural. I had three 'real unmedicated' contractions. :confused:

To me, it was one of those "I came...I experienced...now bring on the dope" things. Yeah, yeah, hee hee hooo, hee hee hooo :er: ... get the danged needle in!!!

But since ya'll were brave and fearless, Alison and Photo Gal ... rock on. Me, I'm your garden variety chicken and had all I wanted. :lmao:
At any rate, you let me know when she's ready for her Hawg outfit. Woo Pig!

Three kids here - no medication ever. It works. (But not when it takes 33 hours, now that still leaves me in shock here! Boy ...!)

And yes, only 2 hours of labour is a bit on the short side, mostly so if you are not prepared for anything like the delivery of a baby to be so fast, and it might, just might make you have your baby in the car ... well I thought I was going to have my second son on the driveway in front of the hospital, but they had me "suck it in" and "wait" (HOW?! :shock: ) until we were in the delivery room. In there, however, I was for about a minute before he was out...! (His dad missed the moment, he felt he had to park the car properly first...:er: )

ahhh well i'm no good at anyof this.. just good wishes to the proud - to be mother - Alison
boogie.gif
:thumbup: all the best :hugs:

only 2 hours of labour is a bit on the short side, mostly so if you are not prepared for anything like the delivery of a baby to be so fast, and it might, just might make you have your baby in the car ...

Yea, with our last child, Cathy tried the Polaroid method. After an immense amount of training, several months of night classes and the proper cleansing of the body and soul, she was ready. I kissed her, and 60 seconds later out popped little Stephanie. I picked her up, and observed "Well, she's a little out of focus, and the color ain't just right, you wanna try again?". I was quickly slapped and that was the end of that!

[font=&quot]Date born: Dec 17, 2005
Time born: 7:15 pm
Weight: 7 pounds 12 oz
Length: 17 in
Length of labor: 14 hours[/font]

Date born: December 24 (Christmas Eve!!!)
Time born: 6.32am (your time)
Weight: 7lbs 7oz
Length: 19"
Length of labor: 12 hrs :)

Date born: January 14th (ause it is my bday too!)
Time born: 6.14AM
Weight: 8 lb 2.25 oz
Length: 19.75
Length of labor: 3.25 hrs

anicole said:
PFFT! Natural smatural. I had three 'real unmedicated' contractions. :confused:

To me, it was one of those "I came...I experienced...now bring on the dope" things. Yeah, yeah, hee hee hooo, hee hee hooo :er: ... get the danged needle in!!!

But since ya'll were brave and fearless, Alison and Photo Gal ... rock on. Me, I'm your garden variety chicken and had all I wanted. :lmao:
At any rate, you let me know when she's ready for her Hawg outfit. Woo Pig!

Just don't let them induce!!! My nurse had three kids - one of them induced and the others naturally with no meds. She said by the time she got to 3 cm it felt like giving birth to the others. The inducing meds acutally make labor worse! Nobody warned me about that. After the nurse told me about her experience I didn't feel like such a wimp when I took the meds at 6 cm and around 18 hours of labor (wound up having another 6 or 8 to go - don't remember which).

LizM said:
Just don't let them induce!!! My nurse had three kids - one of them induced and the others naturally with no meds. She said by the time she got to 3 cm it felt like giving birth to the others. The inducing meds acutally make labor worse! Nobody warned me about that. After the nurse told me about her experience I didn't feel like such a wimp when I took the meds at 6 cm and around 18 hours of labor (wound up having another 6 or 8 to go - don't remember which).

Yup! Been there and done that twice! The reason my first labor was so long was due to an induction. My second was breech but they were able to turn him around and to avoid him just flipping back over again they induced right away. It was a much better experience but it does go from barely noticable contractions to OWWWWWWWWWWWWW in a very short time.

Most reactions

Back