Back AGAIN with MORE lol

Gregry254

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out again today, think I need to slow down a bit and read more lol.

#1 - I am kind of happy with this, would of liked more DOF, but what else could I have done, except take it closer?
Portrait.jpg

#2 - I like the idea of this one but the lamp post and back ground car ruins it? :(
car.jpg

#3 - While I was looking around I seen this herring fly onto the river. I need a longer lens!!
bird.jpg

Pity about the photo of the heron.
Reminds me of the ONE and ONLY photo of a kingfisher I ever managed to take (at the one and only time I ever SAW a kingfisher). It went all bloopers... :(

I can't say anything about car photos. I'm not sure it is the car in back that ruins the photo. And the lampposts. To my mind, in order to photograph a parked car, you need not hide in the bushes, and this one makes it seem like you did just that. It adds a "sniper" element to a photo that doesn't require one. So I'm not quite so sure it is a total success.

As to the first: yes, you ought to have gone closer, and you might have wanted to hold your camera upright for this portrait. A wider aperture would have given you a blurred background, so the face would have become THE subject, and not a person who seems like he happened to have been in the woods where he happened to get himself into your frame. See what I mean? Or is that a self portrait with tripod and timer?

I have just realised my mistake with the portrait one! (was at f/3.5 LaFoto) I used my friend to stand where I was going to for the photo, set up the shot and then swapped places with him, and I forgot to tell him to aim for me then hold the AE-L/AE-F button while he looked away! and it was in a portrait form, but my arms looked awkward so I just cropped them out.

The car one was just a quick shot walking back to the car, came out of the little forest area and thought it looked like a good idea, maybe I was wrong :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back