Back from Costa Rica!!

Next morning we set on driving to Monteverde, about a 4 hour drive. Roads with potholes were ok by now but little did we know a 29km road of jagged rocks, occasional mud was waiting for us. Man, oh man! I've never been so shaken, literally, in my entire life. But, we made it. Took a tremendous hike in the Cloud Forest where the vegetation is absolutely overwhelming, after which we did a Sky Walk on 7 suspended bridges, atop trees and in and out of the low laying clouds. Pretty eerie...

Later we decided to spend the night at a local hotel (don't ask for a 'motel' since these are a one hour 'utility' places to conduct sexual encounters! :D) and next morning we visited a Hummingbird garden. Their hummingbirds are quite bigger than the ones we have here, also much more colorful. There is a particular one, called Sabre Wing (I believe) that is blue-purple of iridescent quality. This baby is about 3 times bigger than a 'normal' hummingbird. Also visited a Serpentarium where we came face to face with a Fer-de-Lance viper. A glass wall was separating us from the critter. Then we drove back home in time for a copious Tico dinned and a few bottles of Imperial, their better beer. Plans for packing everything were delayed due to the few beers. :lol:

Most reactions

Back