Back from Gotland (10 photos)

Rabieshund

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For those who didn't know.. We went to Gotland me and my family for vacation. I just got home today. Gotland is a beautiful island outside the swedish mainland. Some of the nature is pretty amazing, like it's own country. Of course I brought my camera!

Gonna share with you some of the best shots!

1. This was the first thing we saw after getting off the boat. "Vandrarhemmet" means "the youth hostel". Very welcoming with barbed wire and stuff. :)
img66260312loia6.jpg

2. My friend Carl found a boat he liked. Beautiful sunset the first evening.
img66520312lovj6.jpg

3. A bit further down the road I found this, which made a good picture.
img66550123lowb7.jpg

4. We went to some random place we found on the map called Burge. It was just a bunch of houses, but there was an awesome beach full of rocks.
img66680123loef6.jpg

5. I also found this cool tree.
img66790123lohy6.jpg

6. A rauk. Gotland is famous for having many rauks along the shores.
img67200123lona0.jpg

7. Same beach. The amazing rauk on that cliff looks like it's taken from Pirates of the Caribbean or something. :)
img67420312lowr9.jpg

8. A beach full of rauks and rocks. Wasn't very sunny that day.
img67800123losr6.jpg

9. Here I used a polarizing filter to get rid of the sky's reflection in the water.
img67830123lojq0.jpg

10. Here is something I am a bit proud of. ;) A panorama created with 9 vertical shots, all shot by HAND. No tripod used, because I forgot to bring it. :p Might be some flaws here and there. Will fix those later.
img681801loge6.jpg

Well well well, that was pretty much it. I have alot more pictures, but these were the best that didn't include family members. Hope you like them.

these are beautiful shots. first four were my favorites. did you use an ND grad, or hdr processing in these?

Great Set:

Nice shots Rabieshund, I love the first one with the dark looming sky above. Really brings out the wall.

Paul.

Yeah number one is my favorite. It looks like it's from a horror movie! I also like 2 and 3, because of the beautiful sky. How did you capture the sky? HDR?

Thanks! I was stupid enough to forget my Cokin grad filters aswell, hehe. Everything except the panorama is HDR processed. :)

very pretty there! Actually I always wanted to go there myself! But again, this time it was not on the way to the North of Sweden ;) :)

3 and 8 are my favourites!

Wow....I Love this series. Beautiful work

Hey, these are all good!
Makes me want to go to Gotland one day even more now!
We had thought about going several times now but have never been.
Now I really want to go!
All HDR processed?
Subtle process then, good-good! It doesn't show too much. Only do they all look good!
That "YOUTH HOSTEL", ... if you had said "Prison" I would have believed you your every word! ;) ;) ;)

In the one of your friend Carl in the boat, I really like the way the rocks in the water form a leading line, kind of an arrow, towards the setting sun. I do like that little element about that photo!

7 goes a bit overboard colourwise. Makes me think of the type of picture postcards you could buy in the 70s... ;)

Thanks!

LaFoto:
You should go, it's a beautiful place really. We lived in a house in the middle of Visby and I recommend it.
Actually in 9 times out of 10 I HDR process my pictures. But I'm no fan of the "HDR look". I just try to bring out the sky and get more tones in there. And then there is Photoshop work as well of course.

Thank your for noticing! That is one of the things I like about that photo too.

Ah well, recently I have gotten into strong colors. I enjoy leaving the pictures just between realistic and unrealistic, if you know what I mean! :)

Thanks for the comment.

Oh, and I am only just understanding that "Vandrarhemmet" must mean The Hiker's Home, right? If that is where they have to go to, I'd much rather take the bus! :shock: ;) :lol:

I'm bumping this one last time..

LaFoto: I think the place was an old prison and they kept all the barbed wire and stuff just for fun, hehe. :)

lovely work.
Beautiful place, I hope to visit one day.
1 & 2 are my favourites.
I hope you enjoyed your trip!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back