back in the day

Nice shot, but it seems a little dark to me.

Agreed; I think a bit more tweaking of the exposure could produce a really lovely image.

I like the darkness, the extremes of the roof to the shaded patio. For my taste and my monitor, maybe, just a smidgen of lightening in the patio and side wall and less than a smidgen of contrast/highlights in the snow. The roof is like a beacon signaling a safe harbor in the dark forrest.

The composition is very good. Lots of space in front really helps I think. The path to the house. You picked the right spot.

Looking at the enlarged version the detail in the dark areas is all there, so the contrast correction is an easy one. the increased detail would definitely put this in my 'fine shot' category. As it is I agree with those ahead of me...it is too dark.

I will try to mess around with it some more tonight. Thanks for the input...

this is a screen grab, but it is more or less what I was talking about...a little more illumination back in those trees, not much but a little. I really like the composition..
2014-12-16_170553.jpg

I prefer the original picture. To me it is not about the detail but feelings. Don't get me wrong, each of presented versions is enjoyable, but each by gaining something is loosing something else. I think, eventually it is up to the author, what he wants to convey to viewer.

It gives you a whole different feel.. I like both myself. If i were to print i think i would print the first. Thanks for the kind words..

The main reason I like that second one so much is that it truly has an 'Ansel Adams' feel about it. It has a COMPLETE tonal range with no losses in light, or dark zones. Really a remarkable shot in that respect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back