Back in the lake District

For the most part a solid set of pictures. By far, Evening Reflections is my favorite. Just a wonderful composition with so much of the trees in shade, then the Island in bright sunlight and with it's vibrant colors that just grabs you, and draws you right into the scene.

Thanks guys, if only I had that light on this trip, but its destined to evade me this time.

Today has been more or less a washout and tomorrow is looking like being very wet again. Here are some shots from yesterday and one or two from the day before.

Canon 5D mk III Carl Zeiss 35 f/2 at f/16 and 1/100 ISO 200

moody-viwq-of-Great-Langdale-from-Windermere by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Looking right to the end of the Langdale Valley from the very beginning

Canon 7D Tamron 200 - 500 at 500mm f/8 1/1000 ISO 400

Langdale-Head-from-Windermere by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Brathay Farm

Canon 5D mk III CZ 35 f/2 at f/8 1/100 ISO 100

Brathay-farm-and-the-Langdale-Pikes by singingsnapper, on Flickr

The Maple tree in Elterwater village with The Britannia Inn behind it:

Same camera/lens f/8 1/80 ISO 160

Evening light over the Brathay towards Wetherlam

Same camera/lens @ f/11 1/50 and ISO 250

View-over-the-brathay by singingsnapper, on Flickr

looking down the Great Langdale Valley as the sun starts to dip behind the pikes

Same camera/lens at f/8 1/40 ISO 100

Evening-view-over-the-Brathay by singingsnapper, on Flickr

There are lots of great places for good honest ale in the Lake District. On a fine day there are fewer nice places. The Britannia Inn always has good beer and good food, and the maple tree just gets so big it blocks the view of the pub.

Canon 5D mk III Carl Zeiss 35 f/2 at f/8 1/80 ISO 160

Maple-Tree-at-Britannia-Inn,-Elterwater-Village by singingsnapper, on Flickr

This swan allowed me to get within 3/4 feet of him/her: I know this cause manual focus lens and thats what I set the focus to while using 10 x digital on live view while focussing.

Canon 5D mk III Carl Zeiss 35 f/2 at f/8 1/250 ISO 400 converted to black and white in silver efex

waterhead-swan-bw by singingsnapper, on Flickr

in colour

waterhead-swan by singingsnapper, on Flickr

This is one from last year with my 5D mk II: Chapel Stile from the lane that runs behind the school and village - fond memories of good weather that was also good photographic weather

Canon 5D mk II EF 70 - 200 f/2.8 IS L (mark I) at 70mm f/20 1/200 ISO 400

I have become friends with the owners of Waterhead coffee shop and this is the owner's son who is home from Sheffield Uni. The overcast conditions yesterday morning actually helped to diffuse the light as I have made few modifications to this shot

Canon 5D mk III Carl Zeiss 35 f?2 at f/6.3 1/80 ISO 200

Tom-'hard'-at-work by singingsnapper, on Flickr

This is his dad. I got my Pentax back from Tokyo yesterday morning (at 7.30 am!) and put it through its paces. My excellent 45 - 85 lens needs investigation as it is wobbling a little bit and showing signs of not being as sharp as before it got dropped while on the camera. The repair bill was originally £1685 but came down to £800 as I insisted they didn't change anything for cosmetic reasons -they were charging £800+ for the front and top cover which is scratched from being on a shoulder harness. this doesn't bother me at all as my cameras won't be sold and apart from my 7D all my cameras are well used and look so.

Pentax 645D FA 120 macro f/4 at f/6.7 and 1/200 ISO 320

rich by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Another shop sat closer in ( I have an annoying tendency to flash my cameras up for candids - not easy with the size of the 645D with a 120mm macro lens on it!

Pentax 645D FA 120mm macro f/6.7 1/125 ISO 320

rich1 by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Back in the Lakes again in very unsettled weather.

Didn't get out much today but grabbed my little Sony NEX C3 when futon a short wander this evening.

Looking over the top end of Windermere not long before sunset:

Sony NEX C3 18 - 55 at 27mm f/8 1/40 ISO 800

Evening-sky-over-windermere-at-waterhead by singingsnapper, on Flickr

looking back to the local pub from it's moorings at Waterhead

Sony NEX C3 18 - 55 at f/6.3 and 27mm 1/30 ISO 800 converted in Silver efex

Wateredge-Inn by singingsnapper, on Flickr

You live in a very photogenic area with lots of photo opportunities!

I have a second home here in the lakes and my main house is close to the South Wales coast, so am very fortunate indeed. Weather isn't always the best - tomorrow is forecast to be very wet indeed...

I have a second home here in the lakes and my main house is close to the South Wales coast, so am very fortunate indeed. Weather isn't always the best - tomorrow is forecast to be very wet indeed...

I'd love to shoot these areas. Brilliant places and you have some nice photos here.

Wow some incredible photos , I have always loved the English countryside though, it is very beautiful indeed. Thank you for sharing with us. I cant pick a single one if I tried. Very breath taking.

Recuperating from contracting cellulitis from a flying ant bite while taking the photographs of Swansea Bay, I've returned to the Lake District before I make another trip to Asia. Took a gentle stroll down Great Langdale with my Pentax around my neck.

Here are some from Chapel Stile

Pentax 645D FA 35 f/3.5 at f/8 1/60 ISO 100

chapel-stile by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Pentax 645D FA 45 - 85 at f/11 1/100 ISO 400

Here's-another-Chapel-Stile by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Pentax 645D FA 120 at f/13 1/125 ISO 320

Here's-Chapel-Stile-Church by singingsnapper, on Flickr

and a British Racing Green MG convertible in elterwater village on my way back:

Pentax 645D FA 35 at f/8 1/50 ISO 320

British-racing-green by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back