Back on the market for a new camera body!

tess_thereb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good day all,

I looking to finally move to full frame! Currently I have a Nikon D3200 with Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.8 lenses. I've been photographing for a little over two years and I've found my style; Event and Portrait Photography. This usually includes a lot of low light/poorly lit surroundings and I find the D3200 cannot be pushed past iso 800 without showing a lot of grain. I was first looking at the D7200 but I figured there's nothing stopping me from just making the jump to full frame.

I've therefore decided that it's time to take that jump. I'm looking at the D750 and D610. I'd like to know, based on experience, which camera is best for my style of photography. I've seen a lot of sample photos from both so I'm not worried about the IQ from both so it really comes down to additional features offered at the prices.

Based on the research I have done, I really like the D750 because it does seem to be slightly better in low light and overall IQ. I'm also looking at starting with the Tamron SP 24-70mm 2.8 or the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art and, of course, my 50mm 1.8. Any additional information you think I should know about each camera, please don't hesitate to let me know! Thanks :victorious:

I've had both, still have the D750. But my primary reason was the flippy screen for some of the stuff that I do.

The D750 AF system is much better than the D6x0 though. So that would be a primary reason to go up to the 51 pt AF system. The DR I think is slightly better on the d6x0, but lowlight slightly better on the D750. But the electronics & software (Expeed), etc is newer on the D750. D750 also has the Wifi and connection to a electronic device, though the speed and functionality has a lot to be desired.

If you use the shoulder LCD a lot the D6x0 is 3 lines whereas the D750 is 2 main lines.

It's a toss up really. If you have the spare change get the D750.

Though if you ever lift the camera above or below your eye level, then the flippy screen on the D750 may be valuable versus the fixed d6x0 screen.

Image quality out of both is practically equal. If the autofocus on your d3200 is good enough for you the d610 will be good enough, so then it comes down to the floppy screen

Thanks guys!

Image quality out of both is practically equal. If the autofocus on your d3200 is good enough for you the d610 will be good enough, so then it comes down to the floppy screen

I noticed in your signature there that you have a 7200 and a 610. Is there any noticeably difference in the IQ (Aside from crop factor on 7200). I take it that's your back up? How does the low light compare? I just want to be sure before I pull the trigger on full frame lol...

Thanks guys!

I noticed in your signature there that you have a 7200 and a 610. Is there any noticeably difference in the IQ (Aside from crop factor on 7200). I take it that's your back up? How does the low light compare? I just want to be sure before I pull the trigger on full frame lol...

I couldn't say which is my backup camera. I use them both equally. In some ways I prefer the d7200 as it feels the faster camera to use.

Truthfully, the d7200 is excellent in my opinion, but the image quality from the d610 is better at higher iso. If you are regularly in lower light as you mentioned the fx will serve you better.

Shameless plug: I have a D750 for sale in the buy/sell area of the forum.

I think the D750 is the best camera for what you’re looking for, and I’m not just saying that because I have one for sale. It’s one of the most popular event cameras in the world right now.

Shameless plug: I have a D750 for sale in the buy/sell area of the forum.

I think the D750 is the best camera for what you’re looking for, and I’m not just saying that because I have one for sale. It’s one of the most popular event cameras in the world right now.
I was going to post a link to your thread then saw she's not in CONUS.

I'm actually considering adding a D7200. I had two D500s which was overkill for what I do, though the D750 & D600 (also sold) still was my low light camera. But I'm also considering a D800E instead of a D7200 (or a Fuji or SONY APS-C too).

Cameras can get confusing if you think about them too much.

I'm actually considering adding a D7200. I had two D500s which was overkill for what I do, though the D750 & D600 (also sold) still was my low light camera. But I'm also considering a D800E instead of a D7200 (or a Fuji or SONY APS-C too).

Cameras can get confusing if you think about them too much.

Agreed. Just get a camera and shoot with it.

Cameras don't get confusing, camera specs do. Likely most of us pay for those bigger numbers whether we need them or not

Cameras don't get confusing, camera specs do. Likely most of us pay for those bigger numbers whether we need them or not
I actually sold my D500s for more than I paid for them. And there are certain features/capabilites that I need which the D5x00 and lower lines do not have and the d7x00 didn't have either.

If you have the extra funds. I would go with the D750!

D750 has better meter, better AF module, tilting and better monitor (more pixels), slightly faster fps, built in wifi, and longer battery life (reported by Nikon).

Now the D610 is a very good camera. But the D750 being a higher model and more expensive, of course has some better options!

Good day all,

I looking to finally move to full frame! Currently I have a Nikon D3200 with Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.8 lenses. I've been photographing for a little over two years and I've found my style; Event and Portrait Photography. This usually includes a lot of low light/poorly lit surroundings and I find the D3200 cannot be pushed past iso 800 without showing a lot of grain. I was first looking at the D7200 but I figured there's nothing stopping me from just making the jump to full frame.

I've therefore decided that it's time to take that jump. I'm looking at the D750 and D610. I'd like to know, based on experience, which camera is best for my style of photography. I've seen a lot of sample photos from both so I'm not worried about the IQ from both so it really comes down to additional features offered at the prices.

Based on the research I have done, I really like the D750 because it does seem to be slightly better in low light and overall IQ. I'm also looking at starting with the Tamron SP 24-70mm 2.8 or the Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art and, of course, my 50mm 1.8. Any additional information you think I should know about each camera, please don't hesitate to let me know! Thanks :victorious:

Coming from pro Nikons (D1,D1h,D2x,D3x) for 15-plus years, to me the D610 has been a major disappointment in terms of its AF module and it total,overall AF performance; it just sucks compared to the D2x AF module and the AF module in the D3x.

Just.Not.Dependable.In.The.Same.Way. Based on that, I'd say look into the D750. Here, D800 bodies are $795 to $895 in our largest brick and mortar store; loads of high-megapixelers are selling off their D800 bodies to fund D850 bodies! D800e at $1150-$1195.

The only Nikon FX camera I have used is the D810. So I have no comparison. Nevertheless I think it is a very special camera. Look around for a pristine used one. Many amateurs change cameras like underwear ensuring a constant supply of like-new used cameras. That would be my approach.

Most reactions

Back