Back to the aquarium

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I cant get enough of that place. I bumped the ISO to 1600 on the jellyfish shots (my cameras max) but I think it made a difference for the better.
4357572836_ae252b25a6.jpg

2. Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSExposure:0.013 sec (1/80)Aperture:f/2.8Focal Length:100 mmISO Speed:1600
4356834845_8f341e9707.jpg

3.Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSExposure:0.04 sec (1/25)Aperture:f/2.8Focal Length:100 mmISO Speed:1600

4356835875_33c128cf6c.jpg

4.Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSExposure:0.025 sec (1/40)Aperture:f/2.8Focal Length:100 mmISO Speed:1600

4357586302_e4306cb034.jpg

5. Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSExposure:0.004 sec (1/250)Aperture:f/2.8Focal Length:100 mmISO Speed:1600

4356839037_e90f2bbfba.jpg

Last edited:
That is a lovely candid of the little girl and the butterfly. The happy expression on her face is perfect. Exposure and composition look great imo. The jellyfish shots are wicked!, especially that last one. Colors look great.

best wishes

Javier

All the jellyfish shots are great, only thing I could say is try to frame the last one better so you're not cutting off the top and sides of it. It's a close "crop".

Canon xs and the tokina 100mm 2.8 macro lens. Its a good low light lens. You wouldnt believe how dark it is in there and the flash obviously would bounce off the aquarium wall so you have to shoot no flash high iso. I cropped it like that just due to other jellies that were partially in the shot.

I cropped it like that just due to other jellies that were partially in the shot.

Could you just paint over them to remove them to give your subject the room it needs?

Cool, shots. I love/hate jellies...marine biology classes...

Bitter, I am going to give them a try tonight to see if I can mask over the others. I have no idea if I can do it successfully in Lightroom or not but given the darkness and not having to actually clone anything I should be able to. If not I may post one up to see if someone else can. Ive got to get better at PP (maybe that is my end game):lol:

How did you use such a high ISO and not get any noise in your photos what so ever? I can't shoot past 800 without a disgusting amount of noise. Did you use a tripod? Those photos are so bright and crisp! I went to the aquarium this weekend and couldn't get anything.

How did you use such a high ISO and not get any noise in your photos what so ever? I can't shoot past 800 without a disgusting amount of noise. Did you use a tripod? Those photos are so bright and crisp! I went to the aquarium this weekend and couldn't get anything.

Theres definatly some noise in there....

Definitely have the coveted "wow factor" in the jellyfish shots... i am also surprised how low the noise is and how crisp these shots with low light and the jellies in obvious motion. Stunning, great job :)

Wow, amazing shots. I actually like #1 the most. I wonder how your shot would look with off camera flash that was placed firmly on the glass in a separate location. Have any radiopoppers?

I love the one of the little girl and butterfly! Priceless! Jellyfish shots are pretty nice as well though I definitely think #1 takes the cake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back