Back to Using Natural Light for now...c & c

linpelk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After a few weeks of serious frustration trying to use a flash so it doesn't look like a flash, I've gone back to natural lighting. Awwwww...much better. I took my girls to the aquarium yesterday. Any comments or critiques greatly appreciated.

f/5.6, 1/50, ISO 200 @ 73mm w/24-105 f/4L lens

Aquarium4.jpg

f/5.6, 1/50, ISO 200 @ 35mm w/same lens

Aquarium5.jpg

This third picture I took at a slant on purpose..does it work? I just thought it was kind of boring shot flat.

Aquarium9.jpg

Thanks for your input

The color, contrast, and sharpness seem to be lacking in these photos.

I just brought down the exposure, boosted the contrast, and a few other small tweaks for you.

Aquarium9jpg-1.jpg
Aquarium9jpg.jpg

I agree, that the focus is off on all three photos. However, I like the pose on the first one but I would have cropped it closer to the face.

Wow, you guys are tough! Ok, the focus is off.. I should have boosted that darn ISO to bring up that shutter speed!! Hind sight is 20/20 isn't it?

I think I'm having monitor issues because when I post them off of my desk top, the colors look great, but when I view them here on my laptop, they look flat and too bright. I thought that my desktop was more accurate than this monitor, but maybe I'm wrong. Is there any way to check your monitor calibration without having to buy expensive software/devices?

Thanks

I must be easier to please. I like them. Particularly the first one. The first thing to catch me was the brightness to almost blown out forehead with the whimsicle hair and how it works for me going into the background of white bubbles in the tank.

The body position in that one is almost doll like. The arm and particularly hand positions. And I like it!

I must be easier to please. I like them. Particularly the first one. The first thing to catch me was the brightness to almost blown out forehead with the whimsicle hair and how it works for me going into the background of white bubbles in the tank.

The body position in that one is almost doll like. The arm and particularly hand positions. And I like it!

Woo Hoo...thanks

I do think, however, that Josh220 did a much better job with the PP on that third picture than I did :blushing:...thanks!

I do think, however, that Josh220 did a much better job with the PP on that third picture than I did :blushing:...thanks!

I think his edit looks a little dark and she looks a bit orange, IDK maybe it's my eyes. I think your original is a touch on the bright side but a subtle boost in midtones would balance it out a bit. I think you should make the angle more extreme so people don't think the subtle angle is just accidental framing.

I love the first shot, the lighting is great and I like the mysterious background. It looks a bit soft in the focus, as some of your shots have been. You're using AF right? You might need to have your lens calibrated if you see this being an ongoing issue.

I think your second shot would've been stronger had it been taken from where she is looking. The lighting in your upper corner is a bit hot so it makes to overall exposure look bright. The other perspective looks like you might have gotten a well lit face too.

Still great shots, and the matching pants are great! Cute girls, and quite nice of them to always tolerate the lens in their face!

I think his edit looks a little dark and she looks a bit orange, IDK maybe it's my eyes. I think your original is a touch on the bright side but a subtle boost in midtones would balance it out a bit. I think you should make the angle more extreme so people don't think the subtle angle is just accidental framing.

I love the first shot, the lighting is great and I like the mysterious background. It looks a bit soft in the focus, as some of your shots have been. You're using AF right? You might need to have your lens calibrated if you see this being an ongoing issue.

I think your second shot would've been stronger had it been taken from where she is looking. The lighting in your upper corner is a bit hot so it makes to overall exposure look bright. The other perspective looks like you might have gotten a well lit face too.

Still great shots, and the matching pants are great! Cute girls, and quite nice of them to always tolerate the lens in their face!

I made it darker around her so she stands out more. Her complexion looks darker to me, but on the grounds of being less overexposed. I don't see any orange. But hey, that's the point of C&C! It's not just for the original poster :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back