backdrops/floordrops?

Fusselinchen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
what kind do you prefer?
what works best and takes the least space?
what do you use to store them and hang them?
have you ever made your own?if so, how did you make them and how much did that cost you?

i only have a black and a white one 3x3 meters and to be honest...they suck.
i dont like using the black one because it reflects the tiniest bit of light in the room.
the white one is good, but it gets boring after a while.
i dont have a big budget since its only a hobby for me and im definitely no pro, but im working on it and would just really like investing in something better. :)

I LOVE Silverlake backdrops. They're spendy, but they are so gorgeous.
Yes, I have made my own-Canvas and paint. You can purchase real canvas drop cloths in the home improvement stores. Enjoy! Might have cost me $50.
Fleece can make a great backdrop. Backdrops can be almost anything. Your living room wall, the side of your house from the outside. A brick wall... fabric of any sort.
I also really like the Candy Sticks and seamless paper
Think more about how you can make your environment into a background. Honestly? I'd prefer not to use a studio background at all. There are way to many backgrounds available to you free of charge!!!
You're best off using colors when you are starting out because black and white aren't as simple as black and white. You have to learn lighting in order to use black and white. When you are starting to really learn you want to stick to exposure without trying to learn a million things at one time. Once you have a better handle on how to achieve exposure and control the image THEN throw in creative lighting.

I LOVE Silverlake backdrops. They're spendy, but they are so gorgeous.
Yes, I have made my own-Canvas and paint. You can purchase real canvas drop cloths in the home improvement stores. Enjoy! Might have cost me $50.
Fleece can make a great backdrop. Backdrops can be almost anything. Your living room wall, the side of your house from the outside. A brick wall... fabric of any sort.
I also really like the Candy Sticks and seamless paper
Think more about how you can make your environment into a background. Honestly? I'd prefer not to use a studio background at all. There are way to many backgrounds available to you free of charge!!!
You're best off using colors when you are starting out because black and white aren't as simple as black and white. You have to learn lighting in order to use black and white. When you are starting to really learn you want to stick to exposure without trying to learn a million things at one time. Once you have a better handle on how to achieve exposure and control the image THEN throw in creative lighting.

thank you!
i know about outdoors etc etc, but the weather here right now is rain, rain and more rain, so nobody wants to do pictures outdoors.
and my own wall and floor...the room i use for pictures the wall is a stained white and the floor is a really old, stained carpet - so i rather not.

i was thinking about buying some wood floors for 3x3 meters and maybe like a 3x3 wood piece and put wallpaper on there on each side which would make two backdrops and one floor drop. but i would think thats kind of hard to store and if we have to PCS back to the states it might be a pain in the butt to move with.

laminate flooring. A couple of boxes. It makes a great fake floor.
They'll ship when you PCS, no problem.

Most reactions

Back