Background Effect - Post Process Help

I can do that with anything.... I can take practically any subject and using Mask Pro pull it off any image, background is NOT important for this.

What I am against is starting off from bad technique or using methods that limit my creativity. There is nothing creative about standing 75 people in front of a white back drop. After doing it 100 times it is monotonous, boring, *always* the same.

Take that model outside of that studio and you are lost... but the photographer that knows how to play with light and not depend on it is the one that will be the more versatile and IMHO, the one that will always end up with the better shots. :)

The idea isn't that I know how to cut out a subject but rather shooting against a pure white keeps everything as unaltered as possible.
This is for clients that need their clothing, jewelery, products on display rather then an artistic shot. By simplifying it down to just a model standing in front of a white screen, in PP you can go crazy and alter the mood, paint in new shadows, fix errors etc.

You can just as easily do this with a normal background, not saying you can't. It just adds an extra step or two into the process. Plus setting up an amazing shot takes time, and time is money. Many times clients won't have money, so the less time shooting the better :)

And saying there is nothing creative about standing 75 people in front of a white backdrop:

Zack Arias - Atlanta based editorial music photographer » White Seamless Tutorial :: Part 1 :: Gear & Space

He seems to do a good job :D

I know what your point is and I completely understand, but it is as I said there is a time and place for each :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back