background help

brudawn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello! Not sure if this is the appropriate board to post this on but I am looking for critique as well as photoshop help...

I love this shot and I knew when I took it that the background was going to be a problem but it was one of the "catch the moment" situations. I have tried to monkey with it in photoshop a bit but I haven't been able to get it where it isn't obvious that I edited the background.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Dawn
meetingoftheminds2.jpg

I think the background is distracting and I was trying to find a way to make it less distracting - like blurring it or changing it completely.

i think the background is fine.... i'd perhaps crop it more on the top to remove the chair, but otherwise, i think it's a very nice picture. warm lighting on the babies face, endearing moment with the doggy, very nice pic.

That picture is sooooooo cute. That is a moment that you'll want to remember. I don't have any advice about the background but I definitly think you should frame that beautiful photo!!!!!!

Easiest solution to the chair legs in the background is a crop. Just get rid of them by cropping this photo almost square. Then most of the distraction will be gone and everyone can fully enjoy this precious moment you captured, in lovely light, between baby and dog. This photo conveys so many sweet emotions, it sure is a keeper.

If it were mine, I'd shift the levels a bit more here and there (after the crop in PS) to try and bring out the tones and contrasts a bit more. Only a little ... and a bit of Unsharp Mask could help, I guess (would need to try it myself to see if I am right), and then you have an all time keeper.

Thank you all very much for the feedback - I like the edits, it makes a big difference with the legs of the chair cropped out!

Thanks!

The background was also darkened in that image so it is a little less busy. Notice the seat of the chair in the original and how much darker it is in that crop. Very nice picture :)

hey, this shot is really great, well improved without the chair.

Most reactions

Back