Background Paper specifics

adrienne2512

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am no photographer, but I have question about background paper I hope you can explain to me.
I work in the theatre and we wanna use for the set of the performance background paper, white 2x11.
Performers wanna write on it with charcoal - is it possible?
Is the material fireproof or not?
I don't know the material at all, so I am supercurious.
For instance this one: SBP01 Achtergrond Rol 2.00x11m arctic white

thank all of you in advance!

Without being able to read a lot of the page you've linked to, I assume this is standard seamless background paper, in which case: You can easily write on it with pen, pencil or charcoal, and it is NOT fire retardent in any way, shape or form. It is nothing more than a large roll of heavy paper.

I doubt very much if this material can ever be made fireproof, so using this in a theatrical production will be up to the fire marshal. Send the specific details to your local fire marshal's office with the use, and total area.

As for marking on it with charcoal, it is usually quite smooth, so the artists will have to be very careful to avoid smudges, and they will have to coat the artwork right away to preserve it.

If the paper face is too smooth for charcoal, then you might try the reverse, as it is somewhat rougher.

Without being able to read a lot of the page you've linked to, I assume this is standard seamless background paper, in which case: You can easily write on it with pen, pencil or charcoal, and it is NOT fire retardent in any way, shape or form. It is nothing more than a large roll of heavy paper.
Google Translate

Google is a god!!!:biggrin-93:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back