backhanded compliments

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I often get people who request information from my websites and i gladly respond. Heres the latest from a complete stranger:

...site was the first to come up on google so i am doing my project on you. you seem very vain but i think your photos are fab. i no this is a bit cheeky but could you send me an email so i could stick it in my workbook? something about how you became interested in photography, thank you v. much

I am getting slow. I missed the whole vain thing and i I actually took the time to write the story of how i became interested in photography and sent it. I just thought one should be courteous when requesting information, even though you may not like the person you are asking it from (and i don't this person from adam). Wouldn't have sent it if I had read the email more carefully.

Another email I got was from this guy who thought that everyone from NZ was a
backwords, sheepf**ing hillbilly
. Then he requested that I send him an email of how to emigrate to this country :scratch:

Anyways, its just annoying. I suspect that both of these were just teenagers. I know i sound like an old cretin when I say kids these days have no manners :) What do you think?

well, you cant knock them for being honest about how they feel :eek:

if i were to get some "hate mail" ... i would respond and take the high road just like you did :D ... we all cant agree on everything all the time ... that keeps the world interesting

... depending if i was PMSing that day or not :lol:

What do I think?? I think you handled the incidents with total class. I have to admit the sheep comment made me laugh out loud, really. :D That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Who was it that said "Call me anything, just call me" ?? :scratch: As long as you're getting some attention, yeah, some of it's going to be negative. You did just fine!

b-a-a-a-a-a..... :lmao:

hehehe, nothing like taking the piss out on yourself every now and then...
kiwi_on_a_date.jpg

i found this on the net, but it looks suspiciously more aussie than kiwi...

track their IP address, go to their house, tie up there parents, and make them watch while you staple bologna to thier son's face.

thats what i would have done.

md

I think you handled it very well although I like MD's approach.
Might I suggest that in future when you reply you also offer suggestions as to their spelling and grammar? It might just make them think a little.
Incidentally, in regards to the sheep reference, wasn't Wellington named after one of the required accoutrements?

vonnagy said:
hehe, thanks all.

MrSid99:

Wellington named after one of the required accoutrements?

Not sure what you mean by this. Could you explain?

A "Wellington" is another name for tall rainboots and according to legend the sheeps hind legs supposedly fit snugly in them.

hehehe. learn something new each day. :D

well according the wellington city council's website:

Wellington is named after Arthur Wellesley, the first Duke of Wellington (1769-1852
).

not as exciting as your explanation though :roll:

vonnagy said:
just annoying. I suspect that both of these were just teenagers. I know i sound like an old cretin when I say kids these days have no manners :) What do you think?

*as politely as humanly possible*

ahem

as a fifTeen year old, for some reason i resent that.

anyhow i agree with you, its rare to find a young fellow who will pull out the chair for the young lady he is accompanying, and many of my friends wouldent go out of their way to walk a lady to her door at night.

but back to your original post. you almost have to expect someone to be a jerk. some people are jerks like it's their job.

well, you cant knock them for being honest about how they feel

you can if they beak on you, then expect a favour !! thats not how it works.

and as far as jerks go, i hate em. that is to say, my opinions differ strongly from theirs. i know a couple of jerks, theres this one dude who is always at the same social functions as i am, and hes such a jerk !! always saying nasty comments about people, sort of passive agressively, and i hate it so much. (but im still nice to him, i cant help but be nice to people and it bugs me sometimes) but he always picks up girls !! i dont know how he does it !!! i had one theory that he hits on the drunkest chicks at the party, but that fell through. its such a bummer, because im always so nice, and hes such a jerk. and theres this other guy, who is a pretty good friend of mine, who treats girls like trash, but always gets the hottest ones. i dont get it.

sorry for the long rant, but its a pretty big piss-off. ... dumb jerks ...

Most reactions

Back