Bad Camera Photo competition?

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
So chaps and chapesses,

I was thinking that we have the old "it's not the camera - it's the photographer" quite often here. It's something I truly believe is right. Technical and artistic ability are very important.

However.... Can you produce a great bit of art work, but with a really, really, really bad camera? I'm thinking webcams, CCTV cameras, mobile phone cameras, disk cameras... you get the idea?

So how about it? Who's up for the challenge, who wants to help write the rules (maybe it should be restricted to very cheap devices, or very low rez like under one megapixel?)

Anyone find it an interesting idea?

Rob

I'm up for it. Shouldn't you include disposable camera's and the like to. Hey, what about Holga's as well? They're ****E. :mrgreen:

ferny said:
I'm up for it. Shouldn't you include disposable camera's and the like to. Hey, what about Holga's as well? They're ****E. :mrgreen:

Actually, given thier limitations I find the disposable cameras to be quite good. But I know what you mean. I wonder if I can find film for my little 110 camera...

I've got a water proof disposable from my honey moon that I have yet to finish off and develope...I could be up for a challenge.

Disposables are definitely allowed. Holgas probably... but I've seen plenty of great pictures with a Holga. 110 would probably be ideal.

canon110ed.jpg

and I'll be shooting with my wife's camera phone.

Anyone got a 80s Polaroid Land Camera? They were rubbish, but it was my very first camera. My parents dispaired buying me film for it cos it was mega expensive!

Just like mine:

d2_1_b.JPG

I've got about 4 or 5 of those polariods...plus a few SX-70s....that might be a good idea.

I have a Polaroid back for my 5x4....

I think you need set rules to define 'rubbish camera' otherwise people will legitimately be able to use their Canons :lol:

Must be second hand.
Must have a plastic lens.
Must be 35mm.
Must have cost you less than 50p/$1.
May be modified using a hammer or lighter.

Most reactions

Back