bad crop?

ashfordphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does the crop bother you? I like the expanse of the picture, but I'm thinking I goofed by cropping out the edge of the tree on the left. C & C always welcomed!

2-3-2007-08-2.jpg

i like it, but yea i think it might have been better with the whole tree left in. Do you still have an uncropped version?

BTW, is that Garden of The Gods? I've been there a few times, my aunt n uncle live not too far from there. Beautiful Place!!!

I've got a version with the tree uncropped, but I metered the image wrong. I'll post it if you'd like - just let me know - It'd be neat to see what you can do with it. The image with correct metering has the tree crop as you see it above.

Yeah it's Garden of the Gods - good eye! It's the only place I've taken pictures (I just started with a camera last month) - I love it there and it makes it super fun to learn :) My wife and I just bought a house about 5 mins from there, so you'll definitely be seeing a lot of the garden.

Sure go ahead and post the uncropped version. My aunt n uncle live in Canon City, which isn't very far from there. I bet if I looked hard enough I could probably find some pics from a few years ago, when i was there visiting my relatives and went to the Garden.

here you go, play with this: (the good news is I live close enough to re-shoot this photo)

2-3-2007-079.jpg

Hmm. It's nice, but i'd like it even better with a blue sky. Oh well.

haha yeah - for some reason I decided to take my first rolls of film on b&w. I feel like color is cheating - but I like the color photos I took of GoGs better than these b&ws. oh well :wink:

I like the new crop better.

The B&W is cool too. I'm finding that certain places (ie; Golden Canyon in Death Valley), are just too colorful for me too effectively manage the post-processing.

I can't find any of my pictures from when i was in Colorado and visited Garden of the Gods a few years ago but i do have some of when i went to the Royal Gorge Bridge. I'll post them if ya want me too. Their not that great.

Well if i can remember (this pic is 3 or 4 years old). I walked across the bridge from the main entrance by the food stands and stuff, then off to the left theres a small hill where you can walk up the mountain and if you follow the path long enough there's some look out building type things on the edge on top of the mountain, So if i remember correctly that's where i took this picture from, was inside one of those look out tower/building things.

I recently got a new digital camera and have learned quite a few tricks with it, so the next time i go to Colorado(no clue when that will be) I will be sure to take lots of pics of this bridge (in lots better quality hopefully) and of Pike's Peak, GoTGs, etc. :) And hopefully whenever that happens this place will still be alive and i'll be sure to post them. :)

I think the reason the pic didnt come out very good was, Its extremely windy up in those mountains so it probably had quite a bit of camera shake, plus a big cloud came overhead right when i snapped the picture. Anyways if you look close enough in about the middle at the bottom of the picture, is the river that runs through that area.

yeah - it's always super windy over there. Especially if you're at the top of the gorge. I like the clouds covering the earth in the back as you have it in the pic.

Thanks for sharing the photo - I haven't been to the gorge to shoot yet, but I imagine I'll get there this summer sometime.

Most reactions

Back