Bad Experience with 'Professional Photographer' NY

NikonNyc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all... 'deep sigh' ... well here is my story. I've been engaged for approximately two years now; the reason for the period of time is, we wanted to plan with sufficient time for details to be met. The photography for this event was to my fiance and myself of a great deal of importance. As we took our time last July researching for a photographer that not only me our expectations in regards to quality of work but budget as well. We met a gentleman by the name of Robert who at the time met our criteria quite well! Great personality, good work, and had a videographer available as well. He did our engagement shoot which we loved, a stipulation in our contract stated we would get a disk. The engagement shoot took place early December of 07, quite a time had passed by and we had not received the disk. In February I decided to contact him and get the details as to what happened, three of the five contact numbers were disconnected. When I finally made contact with him he assured me everything was well and that he will get that disk sent out to me as he had stated to my fiance in their prior conversations...( Apparently she had called several times and I was not aware...MY bad shes a real hands on kinda girl) Fast forward 8mo no disk no calls, at this time I just felt extremely hot that how upset I felt that this person in a professional context had just dismissed us as if we did not exist. I again started calling his number and this time all of them were cancelled or suspended by the mobile carrier! This guy doesnt even have landlines for his business. I pick up and decide to show up at his studio and come to find out that he just picked up and left with the following...
1) My Engagement photos :madass:
2) My $1200 Deposit
3) Over 10 other couples 'Wedding Photos'
4) 6mo Back rent to his current Land Lord( I said current because he moved from original office we met in)

Ladies and Gentlemen I have been left 3wks before my wedding with no photographer... I spoke to the people in the management office of his building and they made me aware that he had left over 10 couples calling and pleading with the office for photos of there wedding. We began to search the net for info with his real name and found out that these are all his aliases and businesses.

Pankaj Ghuliani
Robert 'bobby' Ghuliani
Robert Zen
Ben Ghuliani
Pankaj Kumar

Adam & Eve Photography
Weddings 34
Art Of Wedding Photography
Henna Photography
Photography & Videography

This individual has solely destroyed peoples belief and trust in the professional photographic community, please if you happen to notice any of the businesses or someone is introduce to you please keep this in mind. Any help you guys can provide with info will be appreciated.

Reference Sites
http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_frame.aspx?page=ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=30
http://talk.theknot.com/boards/main_frame.aspx?page=ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=114

Sorry for the long Post but yeah... also google any of the above and you will see.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that..... what a drag..

yes... i initially responded to your post with sympathy.... BUT I'VE CHANGED MY MIND SINCE YOU DECIDED TO SPAM EVERY SECTION OF THE FORUM WITH YOUR TALE...

FYI - most members read all of the posts.... no need to cross post..

Thats sucks big time! Well try to find some good in this, at least you didn't fine this out after the Wedding! Theres still time to find somebody, maybe someone you know who is at least a decent photographer should get you some very nice shots.

What state you in maybe someone here can work out something with you ?

Edit: just saw your in NY. Anybody want to help them out?

My sympathies but man I would not have waited eight months for this guy. Not to sound harsh, but after a month of dicking around, I would've been on him litigiously and been covering my own back with finding another photographer. Yea the cost would have been hell, but it seems thats where it ends up anyway.

Plus - you're still getting married.

Bummer for sure. Am I reading this wrong or do you still have 3 weeks before the wedding? Certainly some creative thinking and planning will get you through this tough situation. At any rate negative rants will never solve anything. Defaming this guys name is not a great idea, but if it prevents further tragedies then that is good. Point is not to harbor bad thoughts. In all honesty we have heard this sad story before. The question now is how are you going to deal with it in a positive and adult manner.

Love & Bass

Oh no...I'm so sorry hun. Wow... Forget him for now. Concentrate on your special day. You'll be with the one you love. It's only money. If there is a cost issue sometimes relatives take better pictures than hired photographers. You can do the kodak cameras on the tables if money at this point is an issue. Take a deep breath and when your done with your wedding you get a sketch of that blankety blank F-er and post it all over the internet. Someone will recognize him. If you plan on hiring another photographer... um... good luck. Try through a friend whose used one before.

Sheesh that sucks.

Good news is you're still getting married, all that's missing is the photographer. Be pissed, but be happy that the main parts of your life are good.

I am wondering... did anyone ask for references and did they check out? Asking for references is a very common thing that happens in the wedding photography field. People want to know if they were satisfied with your experience or not... and if not, well time to move on to the next one.

I do feel badly, but as mentioned, at least it happened now, and not after your ceremony!

So you're so mad you have to post this in every section?

Hahahaha I guess he just wants to warn people. I'd be really mad if I were in his shoes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back