Bad Experience with 'Professional Photographer' NY

They do? I guess that would explain why some strike me as the still-living-in-mom's-basement-with-no-life-outside-the-internet types, but still, most of them?

Let's have a discussion on this.

It seems that a lot of use actually have day jobs in office type environments where we have constant access to the internet, which would give the illusion that we do nothing but sit around all day and post from our mother's basements.

Which is completely far from the truth. We sit around all day and post from our employer's office. The last time I was in my mother's basement was to find a nearly 20 year old slot car track for my roommate's kid to play with. Unfortunately, he was asleep so me my roommate, and ten of our drinking buddies ended up having to play with the slot cars instead.

Because of this individual posters on TPF are no longer to be trusted world-wide.

The engagement shoot took place early December of 08, quite a time had passed by and we had not received the disk.

He expects to receive future goods and services in the past or present. Disgusting... how can I continue... life will never be the same. Someone pass me the hemlock.

LOL!

Last edited:
...so me my roommate, and ten of our drinking buddies ended up having to play with the slot cars instead.

You were doing great dispelling the myth until this part!! :D But yes, I pop on this forum from work to get my photography fix. Actually, when I'm at home I'm too busy doing post processing and other stuff to be reading forums.

To the original poster: Similar thing happened to me.. My wedding photographer decided to quite the biz and sold all his contracts to someone across town (without telling us or any of his other customers). After some detective work I found the new photographer and managed to eventually get my album after physically going there on several occasions. So don't give up, it sucks, and it seems to happen a lot more than it should, but hopefully you'll get your photos.

Because of this individual posters on TPF are no longer to be trusted world-wide.

He expects to receive future goods and services in the past or present. Disgusting... how can I continue... life will never be the same. Someone pass me the hemlock.

Glad you can get a laugh out of a simple typo when someone has experienced something that may well negatively impinge on what should be one of the most special days of their life. :no smile:

I'm sure you have the sympathy of the majority of posters here, OP.

Glad you can get a laugh out of a simple typo when someone has experienced something that may well negatively impinge on what should be one of the most special days of their life. :no smile:

I'm sure you have the sympathy of the majority of posters here, OP.

And if I say the sky is falling are you going to panic at that? With the vast use of the internet comes a vast world of inaccuracy, fiction and bald face lies. I am not saying that what happened to the OP is a lie, but neither do I know it for truth. What I do know is this. If the situation the OP wrote about is true an internet forum is not the place for it. A court of law is. If a court of law sides with the OP it becomes a matter of public record thus it has substance. Until then it is just a story.

sorry to hear that , what a total flake.

take your contract to the BBB and also small claims court its like 100$ but you will 99% get the judgment if you have a contract.

the industry should consider moving to a 1/4 down and rest when the final product is delivered as it would promote more trust.

everyone is afraid people will cancel with them if they dont charge half up front, but in reality i think more people would book dates if the pressure wasnt overwhelming with 50% - 100% up front.

if you want to get married on the Californian coast ill give you a crazy crazy discount , and everyone on this board pretty much knows me.

alas that far far away for your friends and family to fly.

i am very sorry to hear what happened to you, that is not typical and not right.

And if I say the sky is falling are you going to panic at that?

Where is the panic?

gryphon, virtually every anecdotal story on here is unproven.

There are plenty of threads on this site where people are warned off various suppliers on the basis of anecdotal evidence from other members.

It seems downright nasty to poke fun at someone who has suffered a particularly nasty experience (photographically speaking) simply because they mistyped '2007'.

$1300 may not be much to older members here but it's probably extremely significant to someone saving to get married.

Still, if you want to join in poking fun rather than offer the OP sympathy, you go ahead. Let's hope it makes you happy.

Well its a typo and you guys seem to be enjoying it, well so much for having a community that can get together, keep each other informed and that is willing to assist in certain matters. As for the legal aspect of it yes police reports have been filed and a class action lawsuit is in progress just a matter a time. Though cosidering the amount of people that are posting about him I doubt there will be money to go around but there should be plenty of jail time...

I am wondering... did anyone ask for references and did they check out? Asking for references is a very common thing that happens in the wedding photography field. People want to know if they were satisfied with your experience or not... and if not, well time to move on to the next one.

I do feel badly, but as mentioned, at least it happened now, and not after your ceremony!

Yup did a brief check online through the knot.com but its kinda difficult to find negatives when he has about 5 different aliases...

Hey guys look it wasn't my intent to spam, merely to inform as many as possible I apologize for the mistake. Trust me, the amount of respect and appreciation that I have for this forum is in excess to what I have for that prick I considered my photographer. If only one person on this board can avoid dealing with that guy or learn from a mistake I made it would be enough. Again for those who I have offended frustrated or inconvenienced in any way I am sorry. On a other note if my posting was in such poor taste and considered spam i am sure any of our mod would have 1. warned me and 2. deleted the threads.

Again thank you for reading and just please keep a eye out.

Well its a typo and you guys seem to be enjoying it, well so much for having a community that can get together, keep each other informed and that is willing to assist in certain matters. As for the legal aspect of it yes police reports have been filed and a class action lawsuit is in progress just a matter a time. Though cosidering the amount of people that are posting about him I doubt there will be money to go around but there should be plenty of jail time...

Hi Nikon Nyc.

I'm sure most of us are sympathetic, appreciate your taking the trouble to post a warning and find the snide comments by certain posters as distasteful as you do.

I've seen several posts here warning people of dodgy suppliers without anyone getting snarky about it so I don't know who's rattled gryphonslair99 cage.

Good luck with getting some resolution.

So you're so mad you have to post this in every section?

Funny you state that. I've been checking the threads to see what peoples suggestions, comments, and remarks. Every thread has different people who have commented, except you. You seem to just not have anything better to do than to follow and post the obvious, yes i have cross posted not in the intent to spam but to inform. Sorry that you don't have a new interesting thread to comment on. Like I was on the toilet chatting reading TPF with a cigaret in my mouth and p000-oops burnt my tip. Are you serious I cross threaded to inform as many as possible and all you have to add is I burnt my pee-pee on the BOWL! C'mon Sorry but I hope this is the worst inconvenience anyone here suffers. Not having something new to read, or being ripped off $1,200 dollars from a guy posing to be a "Professional Photographer". Are you kidding me..? really.
EXAMPLE!
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132498

Gryphonslair99, unfortunately for me this is a reality. I hope you never go through something like this seeing you fiance a person you care about cry because one day that means so much to her is being ruined over just $1200 and someone's corrupt and greedy nature. Legal action are being taken but due to the amount of people that have already been taken advantage of, I doubt money will be even a option but jail time will.

For all other people who have posted with comments and your sympathy thank you I can say I appreciate the time you took on the boards to write back. For all others that have nothing to add just dont.

Last edited:
For all other people who have posted with comments and your sympathy thank you I can say I appreciate the time you took on the boards to write back. For all others that have nothing to add just dont.

So all you're looking for is sympathy? That's kinda weird for a photo forum. It also kinda flies in the face of your earlier comment about this just being a warning.

And what is it you were warning us of again? Oh yeah, a photographer no one has heard of who has single-handedly destroyed the reputation of all wedding photographers in the world. That's what you said anyway.

It's always VERY bad form to air YOUR dirty laundry in public discussion sites. As others have said, this forum "TPF->Beyond The Basics" is no place for this. Maybe somewhere in the business district section if you just have to. It belongs at the BBB and in claims court ONLY if you ask me.

Did you also go outside your house and scream in the streets about this? How about carrying a sign back and fourth in front of your camera store or a photography school? You didn't did you? Because it would be TOTALLY RIDICULOUS to do so. Just the same as it is to post it here.

I'm not upset.. I don't care... but I don't dig getting painted black or watching you paint others black for your inappropriateness.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back