• I wear corrective lenses

Votes: 41 74.5%

• Total voters

Josh66

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm curious how many of us require corrective lenses of some sort or the other... Be that contacts, glasses, or whatever.

If you have had laser eye surgery, please select the 'corrective lenses' option.

And, how has this affected your photography?

I wear contacts and glasses (not at the same time, lol).

I find that while I'm wearing glasses I have to remove the rubber eyecup from the viewfinder. That let's me get my eye closer, and also avoids the smudges I always get from it if I don't.

I wear contacts most of the day, Sunday is glasses day. I try to make it a point to wear contacts when I'm shooting, glasses are too much of a hassle. I have to change the dioptor as well.

I have to change the dioptor as well.

Even with the contacts?

Time for another visit to the eye doctor if so... :lol:

Without glasses or contacts, my eyes are too bad to fix with the diopter...

had to start wearing glasses in my mid-40s

i also used a diopter taking off my glasses or rather putting them on top of head, or in my pocket.

Don't feel it has made any difference

At one time i started wearing contact but my doctor thought it was best i didn't as i was spending over 40 hours a week in the darkroom. There wasn't any research about this at the time but she felt it would be best to be safer than sorry ( loved contacts but the reality, i saw better with glasses :sexywink: so i never went back to contacts

I have to change the dioptor as well.

Even with the contacts?

Time for another visit to the eye doctor if so... :lol:

Without glasses or contacts, my eyes are too bad to fix with the diopter...

Sorry, should have clarified. I have to adjust it a bit when I go from contacts to glasses and vice versa. Yeah, I'm 46, I don't have a prayer without corrective lenses either. :lmao:

I can't see far distances so I have bands (chums) on my glasses so I can hang them around my neck when I am taking photos.

I wear glasses. I'd like to not have to, but I hate contacts and my eyes really aren't bad enough to justify laser eye surgery (20:30 and 20:40 L/R)

I wear glasses. My astigmatism is to the point my doctor isn't comfortable letting me wear contacts.

If I am shooting a stationary subject, I prefer to manual focus, but if I don't watch the focus indicator closely, it will always be a bit soft.

As soon as I can find a +0.25 corrective lens for my viewfinder I will get one.

I've always been kinda scared of laser eye surgery...

And from what I've heard, you might still have to wear glasses after you have it done ... so what's the point?

When I was younger, I had 20/15 vision. As I get older (just turned 40), I find myself having to hold things a little farther away to read, so I am headed for reading glasses soon.:grumpy:

If my family is any indicator, I'm bummin'. My dad needed glasses to find his glasses....:lol:

20/13 as a young man although years of reading part numbers off of PCBs fixed that.

I still like to use manual focus lenses when I can but I shoot slower objects now.

It's funny but the greater perspective I acquire with age gives me a narrower focus.

I wear glasses. I dont need them for close up things, but I cant see the TV or road signs without them.
I dont need my glasses enough to justify paying £13 a month on lenses. My fiance already pays that for his, and he's lost his glasses haha!
To be fair though, lenses would make taking photos MUCH easier!

I've needed corrective lenses since my sophomore year of high school.

I think I've been wearing either glasses or contacts since I was about 12...

Hopefully my kids have better eyes... Looks good so far, but my whole family, and my wife's whole family wear glasses... So, maybe not so good in another 10 years...

I'm just glad that there are actually glasses that look cool now, lol!

I wonder if the thread title is skewing the results of the poll...?

Maybe I should have just called it 'Eyes'...

Although, I kinda expected this result. Too early for anything definitive, but hey - I've seen a lot of glasses in profile pictures, lol.

Most reactions

Back