Bad Eyes

How are your eyes?

• My eyes are naturally perfect

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I wear corrective lenses

Votes: 41 74.5%

• Total voters
I'm legally color blind.....BUT I can see colors with the exception of red and other colors that use it like most "normal people". 90% of the red pictures I see have a horrible noise issue for me. I have worn purple shirts in the past thinking they were blue...

I wear glasses and have worn them for the past 15 years. I've tried to take them off since I hate shooting with them on BUT my manual focus pics look like battyclot.

I've worn glasses since elementary school, sadly, my vision sucks. I've also tried contacts, but can't stand messing with my eyes. Took me over an hour to get the things in and out of my eyes. So I stick with my glasses until I can afford laser eye surgery one of these days.

Has anyone here had laser eye surgery? Was it worth it?

Yah... I don't have a good response except that its a Royal PITA at times with Rangefinders. I have a tough time seeing the widest 24mm framelines at times. I'm also wiping the smudges off of my glasses all the time.

I've been meaning to get contacts but I just haven't convinced myself they are worth the money.

I'm legally color blind.....

My father is too.... pretty badly. I'm lucky I didn't inherit it from him.

Just imagine being color blind and working as a electrical engineer/draftsman. Many of the designs use colors to signify electrical paths. As a kid, I spent a many hours marking wires with these little sticky tags to help him out with the wiring and diagrams.

Must have glasses, can't see without them.
My glasses are constently smudged and I need to clean them constantly when shooting.

For me that's just the way it is.:(

My eyes are horrible. I have a difficult time with the viewfinder, but I manage. The trouble is, I have problems with distance and up close, requiring those trifocal lenses that are blended together. So, I have to be aware of where I'm looking through my glasses, else I might think something's out of focus when it's not.

And an annoying piece of laser surgery trivia- if you're like me and get the surgery, you'll still need reading glasses for up-close work.

I've been meaning to get contacts but I just haven't convinced myself they are worth the money.

At my eye doctor, and with my insurance - the price difference isn't much... Assuming you get a new prescription every year...

If you only need a new prescription every 2 or 3 years, yeah - I can see how glasses would be cheaper.

I wear glasses have since I was 12 can't see clearly more than 3' or so. I tried the diopter it's not a good idea in my opinion. For most people who take pictures they look at their subject with the naked eye, then through the lens, this process of looking at the subject with the naked eye and then through the lens again may happen with ever 1-5 frames. Unless there's some insane action scene unfolding right in front of you and your just holding the shutter button down, I doubt your taking many more than that without looking up again. If you have the diopter you have to take your glasses on and off repeatedly, even if your just putting them on your forehead this is a real PITA, since now you need another hand to lift them up and put them down.

I have glasses that I rarely wear. Driving at night, especially in the rain or going to a show with bad seats and that's about it. I don't feel comfortable using them when I shoot but the diopter doesn't quite correct enough. I feel like one more click would do it. I did a test using auto, manual w/glasses and manual w/o glasses (in good light) and the if there was a difference it wasn't readily apparent to me so I shoot without and use auto focus 95% of the time. The other 5% I squint.

33 and still have 20/20 Suckas!! lol

i'm 19 and have worn glasses since 15. i hate wearing them when i photograph (but i have to, the diopter doesn't quite get me there...one or two more clicks and i would be golden) because of all the smudging and i'd like to get closer to the viewfinder. i'm finally getting around to getting contacts in about a month or so, so we'll see how that goes

I think a lot of people have good eyes at birth, but their vision degrades over time.

I am still a bit surprised to see how many people wear glasses/contacts of our members.

This is interesting..

I am only 28 and hope that my good vision lasts forever lol. (not likely) :mrgreen:

I wear glasses. I'd like to not have to, but I hate contacts and my eyes really aren't bad enough to justify laser eye surgery .. Thinking about going for that this year.

I had perfect vision until I was 46 ... then, all of a sudden, my vision started downward ... I absolutely hate wearing glasses, but am stuck with them. I lose them, sit on them, break them, etc. and I think that's because I'm not one of those who got used to them early in life. They are most annoying at the viewfinder.

I have to change the dioptor as well.

Even with the contacts?

Time for another visit to the eye doctor if so... :lol:

No, not at all. The defaut "null" setting for most camera viewfinders is an apparent distance of 6-7 ft.(~2m). This is a distance for which few people need critical vision and eyeglass/contact lens correction is rarely made for that distance. Correction is done for 20ft+ and, when you're old like me, separately for a close distance (reading or computer screen).

Both of these closer distances are enough closer that the VF's null setting that with either reading or computer glasses that most eyeglass or contact wearers need some adjustment to the VF to shift its apparent distance into the range covered by their glasses, either closer to use with reading glasses (or in my case removed glasses) or further to use with distance vision glasses.

Most reactions

Back