Bad film?

nickh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just a general question but what could cause film to turn blue. Images on the developed negative were fine but the entire film was tinted blue, which other rolls from the same pack were fine...

I had that happen years ago. I think the lab I had it developed said that the emulsion on the film was mixed wrong from the factory so it gave everything a red tint.

nickh said:
Just a general question but what could cause film to turn blue. Images on the developed negative were fine but the entire film was tinted blue, which other rolls from the same pack were fine...

Most likely the lab screwed up on that one. If the shooting conditions were the same as with the other rolls and the type of the film was the same, it's the only logical answer to your question. I'd go back and ask them to not only give your processing money back but also buy you a new roll of film.

Wait a sec. You're saying that the images on the negative were fine. In what way? Sharpness, exposure? Were the pictures printed from this film weird looking? What brand was the film?

We often get funny looking films at work... I don't think I have ever seen blue though... Usually very dark, brownish film...

Was it old film?

It could be the film... Film companies stuff up a bit.. We have had people bring in films that actually dont have any film in them... (how the people never noticed - i am yet to find out!)

We've had people bring in film that comes out purplish. The most common mistake is people bringing in slide film to be processed C-41.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back