Bad Omen. What I found in my Yard ....

Geaux

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is more of a 'show and tell' type thread than a C&C. I came home yesterday to something that I didn't think I'd ever see in my lifetime. It's too bizarre to NOT show anyone lol.

This is what we came home from work to yesterday. Not sure how this happened but there must have been an epic battle while we were out. This poor Raven (at least, its what we think) somehow got his head lodged in between the fence posts and never had a chance.

4589563674_24a837ee4f_o.jpg

4589562414_e298270565_o.jpg

4588943557_64e894c3b1_o.jpg

4588943355_21b73014da_o.jpg

Whatever happened, it can't be a 'good omen' to have this happen in your yard lol.

I cannot understand how this could have happened????

Poor bird :( but well shot - especially #3

Wow, gotta wonder how this happened... lol. But I wouldn't worry about the omen part. I wasn't nailed to your door :lmao:

Wow, I've never seen anything like that before.

I would have been a bit creeped out if I found that scene in my backyard.
It looks like it struggled for a little while, and even messed down the fence.

I'd bury it with salt :shock:

We had a little birdie CSI going on in my backyard at 1 AM last night with the drunk neighbors lol. There are some remnants of some type of blood or blueberry (there is a berry type tree right above this) and we were searching for hints all around (another dead animal, scratches, etc) but we found nothing.

The fence board has a space at the top, so it somehow slid down. There are feather remnants on the inside of those boards too.

*shrugs shoulders*

Wow, I've never seen anything like that before.

I would have been a bit creeped out if I found that scene in my backyard.
It looks like it struggled for a little while, and even messed down the fence.

It definitely struggled. After looking at it again, there is blood in a circular pattern around it. It must have been flailing it's wings around and beating them up to bloody them.

Maybe it kind of tripped or accidentally got its head caught on the top of the fence and then slipped down over time trying to get out of the situation by its movement. Certainly not a good way to go.

Sad.

Maybe it kind of tripped or accidentally got its head caught on the top of the fence and then slipped down over time trying to get out of the situation by its movement. Certainly not a good way to go.

Sad.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

that is the craziest thing ive ever seen! and i love the last 2 pics. i might set that one of the head as my wallpaper 0.0

Why that?

And hey, I'd have been spooked by this sight, too. Whoa!
Three has impact! And four ... my ... crow :(!
I was more or less teasing.

BUT, it is an ancient folklore that spirits cannot cross sea salt. You can supposedly use it to trap them, or keep them out of specific areas.
It's is also a cleanser and purifies.

...Were you able to get him out in one piece?

Last 2 pictures are awesome btw.. thanks for sharing.

EDIT: ^Good info Dom.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back