Bad Omen. What I found in my Yard ....

I'd bury it with salt :shock:

Why that?

And hey, I'd have been spooked by this sight, too. Whoa!
Three has impact! And four ... my ... crow :(!
I was more or less teasing.

BUT, it is an ancient folklore that spirits cannot cross sea salt. You can supposedly use it to trap them, or keep them out of specific areas.
It's is also a cleanser and purifies.

Put salt at all your entrances to your home to ward negative energy/evil from entering. Pagans use sea salt to cleanse everything. Poor raven.

Medicine cards- native american says:
Raven is the guardian of ceremonial magic and in absentia healing. To bring a sense of well being. Not sure what it means if it was dead though. :blushing:

That is just really macabre. Thanks for taking the photos and posting them. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like that it my life!

Looking at the purple-colored poop stains below the bird, the CSI detective would probably surmise that the bird had been eating some type of fruit or berry that would cause that color to predominate...and you say there is some type of berry tree in the immediate area. Is it possible that the bird ate some partially fermented berries and became intoxicated? It happens quite often here in the winter, when snow falls and robins gather and eat fermented holly tree berries, and either get drunk and fly into windows, or simply pass out,literally dead drunk and fall stone-cold dead from the branches where they were perched and eating these fermented berries.

Poor bird, not a pretty death.

Many years ago at my parent's house we came home and found blood splattered all over the front deck and door/window, and black feathers all over the place, with a trail of blood leading away. There were also scratch marks and small feathers stuck to the blood on the door/window. The only thing we could come up with is that a crow (assuming since the feathers were black) had attacked its own reflection in the window. It was a brutal scene. But we never found a dead one.

thats f'ed up. i would call on an old priest and a young priest after removing the entire fence from my property.

Screw the mob... the OP is down in New Orleans, I'd be more concerned with having pissed off a witchdoctor or some other voodoo tactician.... :twisted:

I'd bury it with salt :shock:

Why that?

And hey, I'd have been spooked by this sight, too. Whoa!
Three has impact! And four ... my ... crow :(!

+1 for burying it with salt.

If you believe in superstitions or if you follow Wicca (I believe it's a Wiccan thing), salt is supposed to counteract any ill omen or spell or black magic. If I remember correctly, throwing salt over the right shoulder is supposed to protect you and spreading salt in doorways and windows is supposed to keep out bad "things".

Love the responses...:mrgreen:

Witch doctors...now that is scary.:confused:

I'm originally from Louisiana and a large part of my family live in the bayou. There's some interesting people in that area--just sayin'.

Most reactions

Back