Bad resultat after using photo actions

EdelineM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all..
Just bought Nikon D90 few months ago..
I took photo of my family but I was wondering why it turned out bad after photo actions?

Do you think photo action makes your photo bad condition when we print them?

What is the best way to get a great printed out photos?

Thank you

E

is it possible to see the images ? pre and post action.

Hi all..
Just bought Nikon D90 few months ago..
I took photo of my family but I was wondering why it turned out bad after photo actions?

Do you think photo action makes your photo bad condition when we print them?

What is the best way to get a great printed out photos?

Thank you

E
Are you talking about Photoshop Actions or just that you edited the images?

If you don't have a calibrated monitor, what you see on your computer probably won't match any prints you have made.

The best way to get great printed out photos is to learn and understand:
  • The properties of light and color
  • How your camera works.
  • The advantages and disadvantages of capturing your images in the RAW data format.
  • The differences in color spaces like sRGB, AdobeRGB, ProPhotoRGB.
  • Resolution and pixel dimensions
  • Basic image editing techniques such as white balance adjustment, color correction, and sharpening.

Last edited:
Editing your images won't automatically cause them to print bad. Sometimes they print better. But like KmH said, without a calibrated monitor, there's a fair amount of guesswork in printing your images. Do a google search for monitor calibration to get an idea of what is involved.

is it possible to see the images ? pre and post action.

here you go:
before
Skrmavbild2009-12-23kl170307.png

after
Skrmavbild2009-12-23kl170200.png

there were some photos i took with Nikon D60 with 55-200 and I edited at Lightroom, when I print it gave me bad resultat too.. or maybe because of the printer?

Well you're ISO must have been crazy high because that is very noisy. It can be a combo of the printer and not having a calibrated monitor. It would have been better if you started out with a picture that would have worked out better at a lower ISO.

Are you talking about Photoshop Actions or just that you edited the images?

If you don't have a calibrated monitor, what you see on your computer probably won't match any prints you have made.

The best way to get great printed out photos is to learn and understand:
  • The properties of light and color
  • How your camera works.
  • The advantages and disadvantages of capturing your images in the RAW data format.
  • The differences in color spaces like sRGB, AdobeRGB, ProPhotoRGB.
  • Resolution and pixel dimensions
  • Basic image editing techniques such as white balance adjustment, color correction, and sharpening.

Ahaa.. that means I have alot to learn, judge by your statement here..

yea, this is the type of threads where without pics..

sorry forgot to add the photos

Editing your images won't automatically cause them to print bad. Sometimes they print better. But like KmH said, without a calibrated monitor, there's a fair amount of guesswork in printing your images. Do a google search for monitor calibration to get an idea of what is involved.

Oh ok, I will find this for mac .. thank you

Most reactions

New Topics

Back