Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't know what's wrong with me:

Monday: Blew up a 250mW laser while trying to take a photo of it (ok not camera related)
Tuesday: Scratched my D200 focusing screen while fixing the retention clip that came loose.
Wednesday: Broke an Olympus waterproof camera (water got in).
Thursday: Got sand in my 105mm macro focusing ring.
Friday: Dropped my D200 catching it just in time to have the 18-70mm, and the battery grip drip into the ocean. (survived).
Saturday: One of those little moisture beads got into the CF slot and under the ejection clip for the CF card. Had to get it out with my pocket knife taking care not to bend any pins (took about an hour).

Today: No nothing today. I ain't touching it till at least Wednesday when this weird curse hopefully lifts. Anyone else breaking things en-mass?

No, but the way I see it, you need a young priest, an old priest and a few chicken feathers to lift this curse. Chant "The power of Nikon compels you!" over and over until the curse is lifted... or at least until they come to take you to the hospital... lol

I broked a couple peices of equipment, but they are nothing major. For what it's worth, I busted my Kodak C-743, knocked the lens covers clean off. I also scratched a 50mm 1.4, but it is one I don't use anyways, I was carelessly trying to get the retainer ring off from it because it has some mould trying to form the front element. I was going to give it away but I don't think I will now.

Monday: Blew up a 250mW laser while trying to take a photo of it (ok not camera related)
Tuesday: Scratched my D200 focusing screen while fixing the retention clip that came loose.
Thursday: Got sand in my 105mm macro focusing ring.
Friday: Dropped my D200 catching it just in time to have the 18-70mm, and the battery grip drip into the ocean. (survived).
Saturday: One of those little moisture beads got into the CF slot and under the ejection clip for the CF card. Had to get it out with my pocket knife taking care not to bend any pins (took about an hour).

Today: No nothing today. I ain't touching it till at least Wednesday when this weird curse hopefully lifts. Anyone else breaking things en-mass?

Wow, you don't just have bad luck, your a carrier. Is there a doctor in the house???:lol: :lmao: :lol: :lmao: :lol:

Seriously, sorry to hear about the bad luck this week. Sit back, relax, take in some deep breaths, close your eyes and go to your Happy Place for a while. When you are ready to shoot next, borrow somebody elses equipment. Good luck.

Know first that the Universe is a set of probability waves and you are merely a surfer among the stars.

And after you've stopped chuckling about that start saying over and over "leave nothing to chance" until the bad wave has passed.

Good Luck! ;^)

Make sure that is over insured on your homeowners policy, by a few thousand, then get a d700, and 24-70.

I just find that ironic, you'd be amazed how many of those came back into kits camera with the same issue while I worked there.

Make sure that is over insured on your homeowners policy, by a few thousand, then get a d700, and 24-70.

It's on a new for old policy. Just need to wait till the D200 and 28-70 are discontinued.

I just find that ironic, you'd be amazed how many of those came back into kits camera with the same issue while I worked there.

Not really, this is the second I broke. I'm not a mechanical engineer, but the seals do not look all that reliable to me. I doubt this camera would get a proper IP88 rating if put through some industrial tests.

Now reading that makes me realise how foolish it is to post on a public forum. Anyone want to lend me a camera? :lmao:

I think everyone's adding your name to their "Don't buy used gear from..." list.

You should check out the "How beat up is your camera thread" Now that's a blacklist to be posted on craigslist. :lmao:

Common Battou I'm sure you're like me and don't actually sell your old gear :)

You have got me there, the one camera I listed the experience for is the one I will not sell if my life depended on it. Most of the others might find their way to the auction block if I find my self is serious desperation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back