Bad weekend for the Check book. Great weekend for Darkroom

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Tyjax, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Tyjax

Tyjax TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I purchased an Ancient Argus 75 box camera. Woot. Now I need to know if anyone on this board has any old 620 spools for sale so I can respool some 120 onto it.

Also purchased an old Boger enlager. no easel but I'll get that. Gonna set up a dark room in my bathroom yet. :) What film should I get for home devloping first? ON second thought I will post that to a different thread.

Got enlarger and camera for 18 US. great. I love Flea Markets.

2. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Very cool, Tyjax! It's fun spending money on photo stuff. :D

As soon as I shoot the second roll of 620 that I bought, I would have a third and spare spool I could send you. But if you don't want to wait, you could also order some 620 from www.filmforclassics.com. That's where I got mine from. (Well there was one in my camera, but I needed another, of course...)

3. Tyjax

Tyjax TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Has it been very difficult for you to respool 120 onto 620? Been reading some instructions on it and it seems like a bear. I was also wondering if 620 is considered medium format by the "Medium Format Gods"?

4. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

I haven't respooled any yet, it does sound arduous, but worth the price diff between buying the 620. (I paid like $9 a roll for 620, and I found 120 online for $1.99) I bought two rolls of 620 from that website, then figured I would begin respooling once I had the extra spools. I still haven't shot the second roll...

Yes, 620 is medium format.

5. Dew

Dew TPF Noob!

your wife is gonna kill u if u set up that darkroom in her bathroom :p

checkbook workouts ... u only live once and you'll die with a smile on ur face 8)